Become a leader in your field!
Do you love working with children? If you’re ready to take the next step in your early childhood education and care career, then the CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is just for you! This Nationally Recognised Training course equips you with the skills and knowledge to meet the requirements for a leading role in this exciting and challenging industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Children’s Services Coordinator
- Centre Manager
- Centre Director
- Childhood Educator
- Group/Team Coordinator/Leader
- Children’s Adviser
- Program Leader (children’s services)
- Children’s Service Director/Manager
- Child Development Worker
- Early Childhood Educator
What You'll Learn
This course comprises 15 units consisting of 12 core units and 3 elective units, covering skills and knowledge that includes:
- Ensuring the health and safety of infants and young children
- Caring for babies and toddlers
- Using an approved learning framework
- Analysing information to inform learning
- Designing and implementing the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development
- Working in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- Developing teams and individuals
- And more!
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- The duration of the class delivery is over three school terms or about 40 weeks, but you may extend to 52 weeks if you are still completing your placement or assessments.
- Class-based or Online
- The class-based program is held one day per week at our Carnegie campus.
- You must hold either the CHC30121 or CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care to enrol in this course.
- To gain maximum benefit from this training, you will need to be able to speak, read and write fluently in English. It is recommended that applicants have completed at least a Year 11 secondary school level or higher.
- All applicants will be required to undertake a pre-training review, including an evaluation of existing language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- 280 hours practical placement included ensuring you have ample opportunity to practise your skills and knowledge throughout the course.
- Assessment tasks are practical and oriented to the work or placement context for relevance.
- They consist of a variety of tasks requiring the ability to research, analyse and present your responses in written form, including reports and as practical demonstrations. Feedback on the completion of tasks is given as you progress through the course.
- You will also be assessed while on-site completing your placement of a minimum of 280 hours. Your placement supervisor will also be asked to provide third party reports on your progress and feedback on your overall placement performance.
- Included in your fees, you will receive online resources in your first sessions and further resources will be supplied by your trainer as required, including your Phillips Institute student polo shirt and other resources for placement.
- These comprehensive resources will support your learning throughout your course and become an excellent point of reference for your future career.
On completion of this qualification, you can:
- apply for a senior role working in the early childhood education and care sector
- take your studies further with a higher education course in early childhood education and care
- There are requirements for working and learning in the early childhood education and care sector that all applicants should be aware of prior to enrolment. As you must complete a placement in an approved, regulated early childhood education and care provider, you will be required to undergo a Working With Children check, as well as a National Police Check.
- Please consider this information carefully prior to enrolment to ensure you will be eligible to fulfil these requirements, as Phillips Institute cannot be held responsible for the inability of any student to meet their practical placement assessment requirements which are a non-negotiable component of this program.
- For more information about these requirements, speak to one of our course advisors.
**These units require candidates to complete a minimum of 280 hours placement with a regulated education and care provider *Elective units. Please note: elective units as published may be subject to change – please confirm prior to enrolment.
Please note: this qualification has superseded the previous version of the CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care. Phillips Institute is completing current students in their original course or transitioning current student enrolments to the updated version according to our transition policy.
About Phillips Institute
Our courses are nationally recognised, which means you receive the accredited training and current skills for the workplace that employers expect.
We offer government-funded training to eligible applicants for most courses, and we even offer easy payment plans whether you’re funded or paying the full fee.
Class-based, facilitator-led training, with day, evening and weekend classes for Certificate III and Certificate IV programs. We also offer blended flexible learning, with online or print-based options for Certificate IV and Diploma programs.
If your course requires a placement, we will assist to source and organise one for you as close to your home as possible. This is a service we’ve been offering to our students for over 20 years.
Dedicated, professional educators with current industry knowledge and skills, and extensive training experience, ready to assist you to take the next step. And because we consult regularly with employer organisations, the training we deliver is what the industry expects.
Phillips Institute is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #21868)