- This course is not available to study in South Australia
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is a highly sought-after qualification within the early childhood education sector.
Upon completion, graduates will have the skills and knowledge to become a lead educator in the delivery of Early Childhood education programs for children in centre-based and family daycare. This qualification will also develop your ability to lead and mentor other staff in their early childhood education careers. The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care includes some management competencies designed to equip graduates with the knowledge to meet the daily challenges of working within the Early Childhood sector.
Whether you are considering studying a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care via distance or through the workplace, our experienced and supportive trainers will be with you every step of the way delivering quality early childhood courses and relevant learning opportunities to our learners.
*Graduates of Selmar’s Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care have a university pathway to study a Bachelor of Education degree in either Early Childhood or Primary at Swinburne Online.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early Learning Coordinator
- Early Learning Centre Manager
- Early Learning Centre Director
- Group/Team Coordinator/Leader
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 14 months
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for ACSF LEVEL 3.
- Victoria and NSW learners — You need to either provide a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or provide evidence that you have applied for a WWCC.
- Queensland learners — You need to either provide a current Blue Card or provide evidence that you have applied for a Blue Card.
- If you are unable to obtain a WWCC or Blue Card you will not be able to complete the requirements of the course
- For non-workplace or online learners’ evidence of flu vaccination may be required to undertake practical placement in some centres.
- One of the benefits of studying with Selmar is our practical learning that will help you develop hands-on, real-life skills so you develop job-ready confidence to succeed in the workplace!
- As part of this program, 280 hours must be completed in an education and care service. For learners not currently working in the sector, these hours are incorporated into our programs through practical placement. And, we even help you organise placement via our extensive sector centre network!
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Selmar Institute of Education provides Recognition of Prior Learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the student’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge
About Selmar Institute of Education
Selmar Institute of Education is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), with over 15 years’ experience educating over 32,000 learners.
As a specialist education provider in early childhood, before and after school and aged care, our human-centred training is designed to enable learners to gain the knowledge, professional skills and confidence to make a difference in these essential sectors. Providing fully accredited courses for both distance and in the workplace, our learners gain sector relevant skills supported by real-life practical and hands-on experience.
Wherever our learners are on their learning journey, our structured yet unique approach supports each learner with their different needs and circumstances, ensuring they become equipped to make a positive, caring and compassionate impact to their personal and workplace environment. Our team of passionate, supportive and knowledgeable trainers can also help organise practical placement and are with learners from start to finish, helping unlock their potential, achieve their goals and thrive in their career.
Education inspired by care and compassion.
Selmar Institute of Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 121531)