- Please note that Melbourne City Institute of Education cannot accept a Subclass 500 Student Visa
Rather finger paint than write reports? Make a career in the Child Care Industry with a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
This course provides Early Childhood Educators with the skills and knowledge to design and develop approved learning frameworks to nurture children’s learning and growth. Education and Care Services National Regulations require that at least 50% of the educators must have or be actively working towards an approved Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113) qualification or higher.
The coursework teaches Early Childhood Educators how to deliver childhood education services that align with child care industry regulations, and successfully nurture young children’s learning and growth.
In studying this course, you will also learn how to design an approved learning framework in line with the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Children’s Service Coordinator
- Director or Educational Leader at an Early Childhood Education Centre
- Child Development Worker
- Early Childhood Educator
- Centre Manager & more
What You'll Learn
- How to nurture creativity in children
- Promoting children’s agency
- Identifying and responding to children and young people at risk
- Establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for children
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Melbourne CBD
Duration and Study Load
- 12 month
- 240 work placement hours
- Be 18 years or older at time of enrolment
- Achieve a satisfactory level of reading, writing, oral communication, learning and numeracy for selection into the course
Our trainers make the Early Years Learning Framework easier to understand through specially designed activities in our simulation spaces. This gives our students an edge as they put theory into practice on campus which makes it easier for them to handle difficult and challenging scenarios when they embark on their practical experience.
The work placement requirement for this qualification is 240 hours.
MCIE will organise your work-placement with one of our host employers.
It is a requirement that students obtain the following documents prior to commencing practical placement.
- Police Check (at applicant expense – cost between $30 and $50 AUD)
- Working with Children Check
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer are available to eligible students.
- Written documents
- Projects or reports
- Formal questions
- Practical demonstrations
- Small or large group tasks
- Oral presentations
- Problem-solving tasks
- Case studies
Training is delivered ‘face to face’ by qualified trainers and students are required to attend each scheduled class. The trainer will moderate the learning pace, method and sequence appropriate to the learning needs.
Learning methods will vary and can include case study scenarios, field trips, ‘hands-on’ practical classes, role-play techniques, discussions, presentations and assignments.
About Melbourne City Institute of Education
MCIE is a vibrant Melbourne based Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with focus is on student support. MCIE has helped students fulfil their career goals in hospitality, early childhood education, aged care, leadership & management and business. Our students receive career-focused training that is industry driven to achieve best practice job ready outcomes. Industry consultation ensures the curriculum delivers the right skills, knowledge, and experiences that support students with vocational and employment goals.
Melbourne City Institute of Education is a trading name of Melbourne City Institute of Education Pty. Ltd. as Trustee for MCIE Unit Trust which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 22172)