Take your creative ideas and have them realised into a fashion collection. Ensure you are industry ready and employable with a Diploma in Fashion Design.
Develop the conceptual framework and technical skills needed to thrive as a creative professional in the fashion design industry. Gain an understanding of fabric handling and manipulation, commercial manufacturing, branding and distribution.
Integrate applied design processes in a program centralised around idea generation, producing creative briefs and addressing contextual factors.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Fashion Design Assistant
- Fashion Retail and Marketing
- Production Manager
- Garment Technician
- Fashion Designer/Label Intern
What You'll Learn
- Understanding and application of fashion design principles
- Enhance creative skills and gain practical experience with industry facing briefs and projects
- Garment construction through applied design processes, from idea generation to execution
- Develop an understanding of manufacturing, logistics, marketing and distribution.
- Build relationships with industry experts through networking and placement opportunities
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration Study Load
Full-time 1 year, 3 trimesters.
To be considered for a place at LCI Melbourne, our entry requirements are:
- Evidence of satisfactory completion of VCE or year 12 equivalent or work experience equivalence
- Submission of a creative Portfolio of 6 to 8 items – See tips and tricks on how to prepare a portfolio
- Completion of a preselection kit provided by LCI Melbourne
International students must achieve equivalent IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with no skills band less than 5.5.
After submission, the portfolio or selection kit is viewed by a panel and if you are shortlisted your application will proceed to the interview stage where you will meet with the LCI team to talk through your portfolio and ask questions.
About LCI Melbourne
LCI Melbourne is not your cookie-cutter higher education institute. We are a local design school with a global reputation that inspires and empowers students to design with purpose and become what’s next.
Kick-start your career with an LCI Melbourne Higher Education Design Diploma or a Bachelor of Design Arts that is inspiring, engaging and connected with industry. LCI Melbourne teaches you how to combine developmental, creative and professional skills to solve a range of imaginative problems. You will explore foundation design concepts, industry-led briefs and work towards the development of a personal design ethos.