Build a life-changing fashion styling portfolio while participating in exploratory and real-life projects.
Expand your knowledge while learning how to style, shoot and promote photographic and film shoots. Understand the impacts of social media, build engaging blogs and grow social media platforms to showcase your ideas.
Effectively communicate design concepts, contribute creative ideas to styling campaigns and gain a professional understanding of retail spaces, branding and marketing.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Personal Stylist
- Fashion Buyer
- Fashion and Style Blogger
- Editorial and Commercial Fashion Styling or Marketing
- Visual Merchandiser
- Wardrobe Stylist
- Social Media or Event Stylist
- Fashion Retail or Brand stylist
What You'll Learn
- Develop and provide clients with tailored creative opportunities and solutions for styling or marketing
- Understanding of the professional landscape, commercial manufacturing, consumer behaviour and fashion marketing
- Build relationships with industry experts through networking and placement opportunities
- Learn to successfully plan, develop and project manage fashion events and shoots
- Identity global fashion design trends, enhance entrepreneurial skills and recognize the importance of branding
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration Study Load
Full-time 1 year, 3 trimesters.
To be considered for a place at LCI Melbourne, our entry requirements are:
- Evidence of satisfactory completion of VCE or year 12 equivalent or work experience equivalence
- Submission of a creative Portfolio of 6 to 8 items – See tips and tricks on how to prepare a portfolio
- Completion of a preselection kit provided by LCI Melbourne
International students must achieve equivalent IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with no skills band less than 5.5.
After submission, the portfolio or selection kit is viewed by a panel and if you are shortlisted your application will proceed to the interview stage where you will meet with the LCI team to talk through your portfolio and ask questions.
About LCI Melbourne
LCI Melbourne is not your cookie-cutter higher education institute. We are a local design school with a global reputation that inspires and empowers students to design with purpose and become what’s next.
Kick-start your career with an LCI Melbourne Higher Education Design Diploma or a Bachelor of Design Arts that is inspiring, engaging and connected with industry. LCI Melbourne teaches you how to combine developmental, creative and professional skills to solve a range of imaginative problems. You will explore foundation design concepts, industry-led briefs and work towards the development of a personal design ethos.