Kick-start a career in the visual communication industry, exploring both hand drawn creative concepts and digital skills to produce innovative ideas.
You have an opportunity to learn the foundations, create and refine designs for a range of industry facing briefs and objectives. Develop your knowledge and understanding of digital design, print, typography, commercial branding and packaging.
Experiment with ideas that inspire and be mentored by leading industry experts who engage with you and your work. Realise and develop your designs to cultivate the design career of your dreams.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Branding and Packaging Designer
- Web and App Designer
- Motion Graphics Designer
- Environmental Designer
What You'll Learn
- Develop and enhance creative skills to benefit further studies in Graphic Design stream or one of the other creative disciplines
- Proficiency with a broad range of skills, including: digital design, print, collateral, packaging and commercial branding
- Conceptualise, develop and produce technically refined designs to meet a variety of creative briefs
- Detailed knowledge of digital tools and design processes that can help achieve advanced design outcomes
- Build relationships with industry experts through networking and placement opportunities
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration Study Load
Full-time 1 year, 3 trimesters.
To be considered for a place at LCI Melbourne, our entry requirements are:
- Evidence of satisfactory completion of VCE or year 12 equivalent or work experience equivalence
- Submission of a creative Portfolio of 6 to 8 items – See tips and tricks on how to prepare a portfolio
- Completion of a preselection kit provided by LCI Melbourne
International students must achieve equivalent IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with no skills band less than 5.5.
After submission, the portfolio or selection kit is viewed by a panel and if you are shortlisted your application will proceed to the interview stage where you will meet with the LCI team to talk through your portfolio and ask questions.
About LCI Melbourne
LCI Melbourne is not your cookie-cutter higher education institute. We are a local design school with a global reputation that inspires and empowers students to design with purpose and become what’s next.
Kick-start your career with an LCI Melbourne Higher Education Design Diploma or a Bachelor of Design Arts that is inspiring, engaging and connected with industry. LCI Melbourne teaches you how to combine developmental, creative and professional skills to solve a range of imaginative problems. You will explore foundation design concepts, industry-led briefs and work towards the development of a personal design ethos.