The CTI Diploma of Hospitality Management provides you with the skills and knowledge to work in all areas of the hospitality industry as a manager including restaurants, hotels, motels, café and coffee shops. You will work independently as well as have responsibility for managing a team and make a range of operational decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
Students who successfully complete this course may continue with further study at Diploma or Advanced Diploma level at CTI.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Motel Manager
- Chef Patissier
- Sous Chef
- Hospitality Manager
- Restaurant Manager
What You'll Learn
- Provides the skills & knowledge to work in all areas of the hospitality industry as a manager. You will work independently as well as have responsibility for managing a team &making a range of operational decisions
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Students enrolled in the Diploma of Hospitality Management course must complete a mandatory work placement of 36 shifts. Students are required to source their own work placements
- 13 Core units, 15 Electives, Total 28 Units
- This course is offered in-class at their Brisbane campus, however, it can be completed online too
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- Students enrolled in the Diploma of Hospitality Management course must complete a mandatory work placement of 36 shifts
- Students are required to source their own work placements
- Students successfully completing this course may further study at Diploma or Advanced Diploma level at CTI. Individuals can also progress to other qualifications in any service industry field or advance to study at a university of their choice
Unit Cluster 1: Administration 4, Unit Cluster 2: Client and Customer Service Skills 4, Unit Cluster 3: Communication 4, Unit Cluster 4: Work Safety 4, Unit Cluster 5: Sustainability
About Canterbury Technical Institute
Canterbury Technical Institute is a part of Canterbury Education Group which offers many years of experience delivering vocational courses in the international arena. We are located in the centre of Brisbane’s CBD within comfortable walking distance of the city’s main transport, education, sports, government and tourist facilities.
Our excellent team of trainers boast a wealth of relevant knowledge and experience on each of the subject we deliver. Our programs have been specifically designed to cater to the needs of both domestic and international students and are nationally recognised under the AQF. Our fully qualified academic staff and caring administrative team offer our students a nurturing environment and atmosphere conducive to their studies. State of the art classrooms and laboratory facilities ensure we support our progressive learning environment.
Canterbury Technical Institute is a ‘Registered Training Organisation’ (RTO) that operates wholly within the VET Quality Framework.