If you love working with people and are looking for a rewarding career in the hospitality industry then this course is the one for you!
You will learn how to develop quality customer service skills, manage finances within a budget, and how to deal with staff and regulatory requirements. The learning style is a combination of hands-on and theory, teaching you everything you need to become a highly skilled manager in the hospital industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Front of house manager
- Cafe or restaurant owner
- Hospitality manager
- Food and beverage manager
- Functions manager
- Bar manager
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 26 weeks
- 3 days per week
- Successful completion of Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (SIT40516) or Certificate IV in Patisserie (SIT40716)
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), formally recognises a person’s existing skills and knowledge towards the achievement of a nationally recognised qualification or statement of attainment.
- Hands-on work
- Written assignments
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)