This course will challenge you, make you think and take you beyond the ‘old fashioned’ paradigm of HR as ‘personnel management’. You will enter into the new, exciting and stimulating world of the modern HR Professional. The diploma course is designed by MBA experienced facilitators with undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications in Human Resources Management, Business Management and Education, and contains practical applications and assessments based on workplace evidence. The course also has a wide range of electives that have been designed to be relevant to real workplace needs.
We are extremely proud that we are the only RTO in Australia accredited with AHRI for our Diploma of Human Resources Management (BSB50618).
Our HR Diploma has met the criteria for course accreditation and will be accredited by the Australian HR Institute (AHRI) in 2020. You can be assured that the quality of our selected core units maps onto the AHRI Model of Excellence for HR Practitioners and Academics. This is a recognised benchmark of HR best practice and standards.
By studying an AHRI accredited diploma, our students demonstrate that their skills and experience have been assessed against and satisfy the elements of the AHRI professional recognition framework.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Human Resources Assistant
- Human Resources Administrator
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Payroll Officers
What You'll Learn
- Develop a high level of written communication
- Use leadership to promote team cohesion
- Review and support performance management systems
- Expand your new career with a working knowledge of HR functions
- Support positive employee relations in line with company goals
- Organise recruitment of staff and induction processes
- Communicate and implement industrial relations policies
- Implement and monitor Work Health and Safety policies in accordance with new legislation
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Part-time: 16 months
- Full-time: 12 months
- Maximum 24 months
Our courses are 100% online and are self-paced. This means you can choose to study on a more intense time schedule, or just fit it around your lifestyle when you can.
The course can be completed in as little as 6 months with a full-time (around 15-20hrs per week) study load or in 12-16 months on a part-time study load (around 6hrs per week), but we allow a 24-month standard course enrolment duration, depending on circumstances.We provide engaging tutorials, industry-relevant assessments and work-ready learning outcomes.
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
While there is no formal prerequisite study required to enter this qualification, it is beneficial for students to have some relevant industry experience to assist with the learning application required for this course. This may have been obtained through formal and/or informal training, work experience and life experience.
You will need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or another device with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets (eg: Google Docs, iWork, etc)
- A PDF Reader installed
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You will receive a personal learning plan, regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability, you may be eligible for RPL.
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning formed as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in 2009, and through high-quality training, unparalleled support and flexibility, we’ve been making a real difference in thousands of careers over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)