The Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Programming) provides students with the skills and knowledge to be competent in programming and software development. A person with this qualification can create new software products to meet a project brief or customise software products to meet customer needs. This course includes communication skills, project management, software testing, network and system administration, object orientated programming in languages such as Java, php and android object-oriented systems analysis and web design.
Our classes, courses and assessment are all created with you in mind; with experienced instructors, hands-on training that consider your unique situation.
The ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Programming) is a Nationally Recognised course.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Game programmer and software developer
- Database and data management
- Cloud engineering
- Cloud architecture
- Front end web development
- System analysis
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 52 weeks [40 weeks study + 12 weeks break]
- (6 Core units, 14 Electives, Total 20 Units)
- This course is offered in-class at their Brisbane campus, however, it can be completed online too
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- ICT15 Advanced Diploma or Graduate Certificate qualifications or higher education qualifications
- Other study opportunities with CTI include Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking / Game Art & Design / Cyber Security), Diploma of Business, Advanced Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership and management or you can continue on to University
Unit Cluster 1: Work in IT Teams, Unit Cluster 2: IT Projects, Unit Cluster 3: Advanced Programming Specialisation, Unit Cluster 4: Back End Web Development, Unit Cluster 5: Front End Web Development, Unit Cluster 6: Systems and Software Design, Unit Cluster 7: Programming
About Canterbury Technical Institute
Canterbury Technical Institute is a part of Canterbury Education Group which offers many years of experience delivering vocational courses in the international arena. We are located in the centre of Brisbane’s CBD within comfortable walking distance of the city’s main transport, education, sports, government and tourist facilities.
Our excellent team of trainers boast a wealth of relevant knowledge and experience on each of the subject we deliver. Our programs have been specifically designed to cater to the needs of both domestic and international students and are nationally recognised under the AQF. Our fully qualified academic staff and caring administrative team offer our students a nurturing environment and atmosphere conducive to their studies. State of the art classrooms and laboratory facilities ensure we support our progressive learning environment.
Canterbury Technical Institute is a ‘Registered Training Organisation’ (RTO) that operates wholly within the VET Quality Framework.