The Diploma of Information Technology (Game Art and Design) sets you up with the design and graphic/ digital media and programming skills you need to develop digital games as an independent specialist or working as part of a larger team.
This fun and exciting course allows you to work as an online game developer, mobile device game developer, interactive internet developer and TV game developer.
Our hands-on course gives you the practical know-how to combine with the theoretical application to deliver fully functioning games.
Our classes, courses and assessment are all created with you in mind; with experienced instructors, hands-on training and video exams that consider your unique situation.
The ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology (Game Art and Design) is a Nationally Recognised course.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- 3D Graphic Designer and animator
- Game designer/developer
- Game programmer and software developer
- Marketing material designer
- Virtual environment designer
- 3D printing designer
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 52 weeks [40 weeks study + 12 weeks break]
- (6 Core units, 14 Electives, Total 20 Units)
- This courses is offered in a blended mode with a mix of online and in-class sessions at their Brisbane campus
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- ICT15 Advanced Diploma or Graduate Certificate qualifications or higher education qualifications
- Other study opportunities with CTI include Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking / Game Art & Design / Cyber Security), Diploma of Business, Advanced Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership and management or you can continue on to University
Unit Cluster 1: Work in IT Teams, Unit Cluster 2: IT Projects, Unit Cluster 3: Game Art & Design
About Canterbury Technical Institute
Canterbury Technical Institute is a part of Canterbury Education Group which offers many years of experience delivering vocational courses in the international arena. We are located in the centre of Brisbane’s CBD within comfortable walking distance of the city’s main transport, education, sports, government and tourist facilities.
Our excellent team of trainers boast a wealth of relevant knowledge and experience on each of the subject we deliver. Our programs have been specifically designed to cater to the needs of both domestic and international students and are nationally recognised under the AQF. Our fully qualified academic staff and caring administrative team offer our students a nurturing environment and atmosphere conducive to their studies. State of the art classrooms and laboratory facilities ensure we support our progressive learning environment.
Canterbury Technical Institute is a ‘Registered Training Organisation’ (RTO) that operates wholly within the VET Quality Framework.