The Diploma of Information Technology Systems Administration (ICT50318) addresses skills and knowledge around the administration of networked computer systems. The qualification is structured around a strong base of core ICT units, with scope for including a range of broader industry-specific units in the fields of virtualisation, sustainability, and project management to suit particular professional needs and interests.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Assistant IT manager
- Assistant System Manager
- Internet / Intranet Administrator
- Internet / Intranet Systems Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification.
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support, and certification upon successful completion.
IT students also have access to Pluralsight’s online training library, a comprehensive online video training library delivered by those in the industry. The content is accessible 24/7 so you can study and further your skills whenever it suits you.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Upskilled is ready to help you leverage previous study and relevant work experience to accelerate your progress towards a Nationally Recognised qualification.
- ICTSAS406 Implement and hand over system components
- ICTSAS505 Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans
- ICTNWK513 Manage system security
- ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTSAS515 Manage the testing process
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- ICTSAS512 Review and manage delivery of maintenance services
- ICTSAS502 Establish and maintain client user liaison
- ICTTEN516 Produce technical solutions from business specifications
- ICTICT509 Gather data to identify business requirements
- ICTNWK535 Install an enterprise virtual computing environment
- ICTSAS517 Use network tools
- ICTSAS518 Install and upgrade operating systems
- ICTNWK505 Design, build and test a network server
- ICTNWK509 Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks
- ICTNWK527 Manage an enterprise virtual computing environment
- ICTNWK525 Configure an enterprise virtual computing environment
- ICTNWK501 Plan, implement and test enterprise communication solutions
- ICTSUS501 Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system
*Upskilled may make changes to the course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or other regulatory requirements.
Upskilled is Australia’s pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)