Learn how to work collaboratively on commercial and residential projects, bringing together the diverse elements of Interior Design into a cohesive vision.
You will build your theoretical, technical and creative skills and apply them to create engaging, interactive and imaginative interior spaces. Excel in a career that combines people and place, with creative briefs in a diverse range of private, public, residential and commercial environments.
Prepare yourself for a contemporary career in a connected world. The Diploma is a great opportunity to test-drive Interior Design before furthering your studies with the Bachelor of Design Arts or entering the industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Interior Design Consultant
- Interior Decorator
- Interior Stylist
- Set Designer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Retail Consultant
What You'll Learn
- Understand and assess various client needs and space requirements.
- Identify and apply functional and technical specifications into the design process
- Conceptualise, develop, and produce dynamic and engaging spaces for residential and commercial needs
- Learn to design spaces that integrate forecasted styles, trends and specific industry requirements
- Explore sustainable design and apply key concepts, through consideration of natural textiles, energy efficient materials and ergonomic design
- Build relationships with industry experts through networking and placement opportunities
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration Study Load
Full-time 1 year, 3 trimesters.
To be considered for a place at LCI Melbourne, our entry requirements are:
- Evidence of satisfactory completion of VCE or year 12 equivalent or work experience equivalence
- Submission of a creative Portfolio of 6 to 8 items – See tips and tricks on how to prepare a portfolio
- Completion of a preselection kit provided by LCI Melbourne
International students must achieve equivalent IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with no skills band less than 5.5.
After submission, the portfolio or selection kit is viewed by a panel and if you are shortlisted your application will proceed to the interview stage where you will meet with the LCI team to talk through your portfolio and ask questions.
About LCI Melbourne
LCI Melbourne is not your cookie-cutter higher education institute. We are a local design school with a global reputation that inspires and empowers students to design with purpose and become what’s next.
Kick-start your career with an LCI Melbourne Higher Education Design Diploma or a Bachelor of Design Arts that is inspiring, engaging and connected with industry. LCI Melbourne teaches you how to combine developmental, creative and professional skills to solve a range of imaginative problems. You will explore foundation design concepts, industry-led briefs and work towards the development of a personal design ethos.