The BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management is ideal for those seeking the skills and knowledge to lead and manage individuals, teams and organisations.
The qualification caters to individuals in roles such as Supervisors, Team Leaders, Project Managers and Middle-Level Managers seeking to gain practical leadership and management knowledge that can be applied as part of their job function.
Who's It For?
- Develop management and leadership skills to further enhance career opportunities
- Gain knowledge of business leadership and management fundamentals to run their own business
- Consolidate previous business and management skills with a nationally recognised qualification
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Self-employed managing director
- Executive officer
- Business administrator
- Team Leader
What You'll Learn
The qualification comprises of core business units of competency covering disciplines including:
- Emotional intelligence
- Leading and managing workplace relationships and team effectiveness
- Budgeting and Financial Planning and Risk Management
- Management of employee performance, workforce management and employee relations
- Facilitation of continuous improvement
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
Up to 12 months
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for you to successfully complete this course, it is recommended that you have a strong literacy and numeracy skills.
Students may wish to undertake the completion of the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (BSB42015) qualification prior to completing this course.
Study online at your own pace, giving you the flexibility to achieve a nationally recognised qualification whilst also fulfilling your other life commitments.
E-mail and phone support
E-mail and phone support is provided by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so you’re never left to feel ‘lost’ or stuck during your studies.
Face-to-face Instructor-led Classroom
Face-to-face class-room workshop is the fastest way to achieve your RG146 or similar qualification. Conducted either face to face or via video conference and facilitated by industry professionals skilled at making the workshop experience interactive, incorporating real-life examples of today’s market place.
Mentor Education’s Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51918) qualification is a nationally recognised qualification, complying with the AQF standard and ASQA standards for Registered Training Organisations.
With over 15 years’ experience and more than 20,000 students, Mentor has a well-earned reputation as the largest privately owned financial-services education provider, with full student support, quality training and assessment and linkages to employers, aggregators, mentors and the broader industry.
Assessment tasks may be a combination of:
- Multiple choice
- Short answer questions
- Case study and scenario responses
- Projects, Portfolio
- Role Plays
- Practical Demonstration
- Journal and Self-reflection exercises
Charles CavallaroDiploma of Leadership and Management
About Mentor Education
Established in 2003, we are Australia’s largest privately owned training organisation focused purely on Financial Services & Business training market. Many of our graduates currently work for Australia’s leading financial services institutions (including Big 4 Banks) and small businesses all around Australia. Building on the strong relationships we develop with learners completing our courses, our industry experts are available by arrangement to provide ongoing mentoring on an individual or organisation-wide basis.
Exemplary Student Support
With nearly 20 years’ experience, Mentor Education has gained an enviable reputation amongst financial and business services professionals as a result of its commitment to providing an exceptional student experience, professional training and assessment material supported by best of breed technology and a dedicated, passionate team.
Our commitment to you
Our commitment is exemplified by the high level of student support received – our industry experts and assessors are available to personally respond to your questions and offer constructive feedback and guidance.
Mentor Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 21683)