Take your career to the next level with our Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB50420) and grow as an effective leader in a managerial role.
Designed for working professionals who plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources, you will learn how to communicate these skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisations requirements.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Executive Officer
- Head of Unit
What You'll Learn
On successful completion of this course, students will have the skills to:
- develop and demonstrate own emotional intelligence and senior leadership behaviour
- manage risks in a range of contexts
- develop, implement and monitor operational plan
- manage a project or a section of a larger project
- lead and manage continuous improvement systems and processes
- facilitate teamwork and workplace relationships
- develop, monitor and review financial management approaches and processes
- encourage and support the development of a learning environment
- manage staff performance
- manage systems to ensure products and services are delivered to agreed organisational standards.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
The Estimated time to complete the course is:
- 10 hours per week over a study period of up to 2 years
- Individual students (online)
- Customised in-house training for groups, corporations and organisations.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Year 12; OR
- Certificate IV level qualification; OR
- Language, literacy, and numeracy evaluation
- Currently working as a manager; OR
- 3 + years of RELEVANT work experience; OR
- 5 + years of ANY work experience.
The attainment of the Diploma of Leadership and Management will allow for:
- articulation into the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management and
- a range of undergraduate and postgraduate awards offered by the University of New England (UNE) Business School.*
*Applications must address UNE Program entry criteria. Enrolment fees are set annually by the UNE.
A combination of knowledge questions, work-related tasks and evidence portfolio, or RPL.
About UNE Partnerships
With over 30 years of experience in distance and online education, UNE Partnerships is one of Australia’s most progressive Registered Training organisations specialising in vocational training programs that are nationally recognised. UNE Partnerships is the wholly-owned education and training company of the University of New England (UNE) – New South Wales’ second oldest university and Australia’s oldest and most experienced distance education provider.
We are committed to the provision of structured, high quality, industry-relevant training to promote increased skills and knowledge in people and workplaces. Our emphasis is on practical, accredited, nationally recognised qualifications, industry-specific courses and short courses that can be directly applied to the workplace. Most of our courses provide articulation into higher qualifications including a range of undergraduate and postgraduate awards offered by the UNE Business School or UNE School of Health to enable a structured career path.
You will have support during your studies with us, all the way from your initial course information enquiry and enrolment process with our friendly Course Advisors, and all the way to your graduation day with our Supportive Student Engagement Team, Program Managers and Industry assessors, experts in their field.
UNE Partnerships Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 6754)