In today’s innovative and entrepreneurial workplace it is essential that you keep up with the continuously improving business environment. The Diploma of Leadership and Management will provide the opportunity to learn methods to motivate and inspire your team to achieve success by developing your emotional intelligence, strengthening workplace relationships and managing operational plans.
The Diploma in Leadership and Management will assist you to build your skills in active listening and effective communication. The course will show you how to build the confidence and motivation of a team, while establishing a collaborative and creative thinking atmosphere. You will also learn about solution based problem solving, critical thinking and self-awareness.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Team Leader/Manager
- Senior Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Production Manager
- Corporate Services Manager
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- East Geelong
Duration Study Load
Part-time: 12 months
Workshops – 1 day per month | 9:30am to 5:00pm
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants should be working in one of the roles outlined above, have relieved for managers in one of those roles or have worked in those roles sometime in the past 5 years
- Applicants are required to undertake an independent assessment test to ensure they can satisfactorily attain Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3 in both reading and numeracy to apply for a VET Student Loan. To meet the academic requirements for the course, applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)