The Diploma of Leadership in Healthcare Practice has been designed by practice managers for practice managers. This contemporary course builds upon 30 years of collaboration between UNE Partnerships and AAPM, with a strong focus on continuous improvement, customer service, patient-centred care, and emerging trends in the sector.
Our course aims to help practice managers lead successful and sustainable medical practices in an increasingly dynamic healthcare environment. You will learn the skills and knowledge to apply effective leadership strategies for your practice to succeed within the challenging medical environment that faces healthcare leaders today.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Business Manager
- General Manager
- Operations Manager
- Practice Manager
What You'll Learn
On successful completion of this course, you will have the skills and knowledge to:
- Identify and manage the risks associated with professional practice
- Organise, document and institute a range of measures to ensure compliance with Australian legislation and relevant professional standards
- Manage the human resource function of the practice from the identification of job roles, through the recruitment and training process and culminating in the management of performance, to achieve the best outcomes for the practice
- Review performance across all aspects of the business, identify opportunities for improvement and utilise the principles of continuous quality improvement in the delivery of services by the practice
- Actively and positively lead the practice team
- Work with practice principals to identify business vision and goals
- Translate business vision and goals into organisational objectives and create plans to achieve those objectives using a range of tools
- Monitor organisational performance against documented plans and report to practice principals using a range of tools
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
The estimated time to complete this course is:
- 17 hours per week over a study period up to 2 years
- Students can complete in a much shorter time depending on experience, role, and/or current practices
- On-the-job learning
- Workplace practice
- Self-directed study
- Assessment preparation
- Individual students (online)
- Customised in-house training for groups, corporations and organisations.
- Year 12; OR
- Certificate IV Level qualification; OR
- Language, literacy and numeracy evaluation
- Currently working as a Practice Manager; OR
- 3+ years of RELEVANT work experience; OR
- 5+ years of ANY work experience
- Study at your own pace, anywhere at anytime
Have access to expert trainers
- Subject Matter Experts offering support during your online experience
- Access to our online community of students and trainers
Receive great support
- Support in balancing your work/life and study
About UNE Partnerships
With over 30 years’ experience in distance and online education, UNE Partnerships is one of Australia’s most progressive Registered Training Organisation specialising in vocational training programs that are nationally recognised. UNE Partnerships is the wholly owned education and training company of the University of New England (UNE) – New South Wales’ second oldest university and Australia’s oldest and most experienced distance education provider.
We are committed to the provision of structured, high quality, industry relevant training to promote increased skills and knowledge in people and workplaces. Our emphasis is on practical, accredited, nationally recognised qualifications, industry-specific courses and short courses can be directly applied to the workplace. Most of our courses provide articulation into higher qualifications including a range of undergraduate and post-graduate awards offered by the UNE Business School or UNE School of Health to enable a structured career path.
You will have support during your studies with us, all the way from your initial course information enquiry and enrolment process with our friendly Course Advisors, and all the way to your graduation day with our Supportive Student Engagement Team, Program Managers and Industry assessors, experts in their field.
UNE Partnerships Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 6754)