- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
The Diploma of Practice Management will equip you with the leadership and management skills you need to advance your career or change career within the medical sector. You will learn how to guide staff and achieve business goals, manage risk, implement infection control policies and most importantly, deliver a high level of service to patients.
Once attained, the Diploma of Practice Management will equip you with the skills and knowledge you require to contribute to a business’s strategic direction and ensure daily operations run smoothly. This health qualification will enable you to work as a Practice Manager or Health Administration Manager, in which you ensure quality patient care by managing all administration processes in different health care facilities.
As a Practice Manager, you will be responsible for organising and controlling the functions and resources of professional practices, such as administrative systems and practice personnel, as well as managing the promotion and operations of small to medium-sized health practices. This includes managing patient records and accounts, ensuring work health and safety compliance and coordinating personal activities such as hiring, performance management and job training.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Practice Manager
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Choose between 12 and 18 months
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable
(Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above
Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later
Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
Recognition of Prior Learning
Given that some students may already be able to demonstrate their competence in some units, a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment process may be available to students to recognise skills and knowledge that may have been gained through formal and informal training and/or learning, work experience and life experience.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is an established Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Australia that strives to provide flexible online training solutions tailored to suit the lifestyle of our students. Since 1999, our focus has been on delivering excellent Vocational Education and Training while fostering partnership networks that enhance the quality of graduates across various industries. We have a valuable collaboration with the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), our partner RTO. Offering over 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses, we stand out in the industry because:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are conveniently delivered online, allowing you to study at your own pace and location. You have the freedom to choose the duration of your course, whether completing it within the standard term or accelerating your studies to finish in just six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Throughout your learning journey, our team of industry-experienced technical advisors, assessors, and support officers will be there to guide and assist you from enrollment until graduation, ensuring you receive the support you need.
- Industry-Relevant Courses – We collaborate with industry experts to develop course materials that equip you with job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge aligned with your career aspirations, ensuring that our courses are relevant to the current industry demands.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)