Build upon your existing industry relevant skills, experience and knowledge with our Diploma of Procurement and Contracting (PSP50616).
This specialist nationally recognised qualification covers the competencies, such as legal, ethical and compliance which are required for independent and self-directed work as a senior procurement and contract manager in the public sector.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Administrative Services Officer
- Executive Level Officer
What You'll Learn
On successful completion of this course, students will have the skills to:
- understand and work within relevant procurement governance arrangements and frameworks including probity and legal framework
- contribute to Forward Procurement Planning and undertake project and specific Procurement Planning (Procurement Plan)
- interpret procurement requirements, analyse procurement options and methods, and assess procurement risk
- develop request documents and specifications
- manage the procurement process and plan and conduct an evaluation process
- undertake negotiations
- plan to manage a contract, manage contract performance and finalise contracts
- demonstrate problem-solving skills through a range of applications, including research and analysis in order to define relevant data and make recommendations, implementation of workplace diversity strategies to encourage inclusiveness and effectiveness, and management of risk and conflict
- use a range of complex written and workplace communication techniques and strategies at the appropriate levels to demonstrate effective research and analysis, information synthesis and refinement, and negotiation
- plan and organise through the identification of needs, coordination of resources, evaluation of processes and benchmarking of performance.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
The Estimated time to complete the course is:
- 6-8 hours per week over a study period up to 18 months.
- Individual students (online)
- Customised in-house training for groups, corporations and organisations.
- Entry is open to all applicants with a suitable level of workplace responsibility allowing sufficient opportunity to demonstrate competency through completion of tasks related to their job role.
The attainment of the Diploma of Procurement and Contracting will allow for:
- articulation into higher awards including a range of undergraduate and postgraduate awards offered by the University of New England (UNE) Business School.*
*Applications must address UNE Program entry criteria. Enrolment fees are set annually by the UNE.
About UNE Partnerships
With over 30 years’ experience in distance and online education, UNE Partnerships is one of Australia’s most progressive Registered Training Organisation specialising in vocational training programs that are nationally recognised. UNE Partnerships is the wholly owned education and training company of the University of New England (UNE) – New South Wales’ second oldest university and Australia’s oldest and most experienced distance education provider.
We are committed to the provision of structured, high quality, industry relevant training to promote increased skills and knowledge in people and workplaces. Our emphasis is on practical, accredited, nationally recognised qualifications, industry-specific courses and short courses can be directly applied to the workplace. Most of our courses provide articulation into higher qualifications including a range of undergraduate and post-graduate awards offered by the UNE Business School or UNE School of Health to enable a structured career path.
You will have support during your studies with us, all the way from your initial course information enquiry and enrolment process with our friendly Course Advisors, and all the way to your graduation day with our Supportive Student Engagement Team, Program Managers and Industry assessors, experts in their field.
UNE Partnerships Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 6754)