The BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management is a mid-level qualification aimed at individuals seeking to develop project management skills and knowledge. Delivered online, this qualification is suitable for thoseaiming to work in project leadership, administration and management roles. Individuals undertaking these roles are responsible for achieving project objectives.
This qualification has been designed to accommodate both individuals with no formal training qualifications and those seeking an entry point for transition into further education. The program is particularly suitable for candidates currently working in project or team management roles who are seeking a formal qualification to enhance and confirm their existing knowledge and skills.
The qualification comprises of core business units of competency covering disciplines including:
- Managing project scope, quality, time and cost
- Leading and managing team effectiveness
- Facilitation of continuous improvement
- Managing human resources
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Project Consultant
- Project Leader/Team leader
- Project Contract Manager
- Project Manager
- Project Vendor Manager
- Business Owners
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 12 months
100% online learning with access to live and pre-recorded weekly virtual classroom tutorials.
- Mentor Education has developed this qualification with student needs central to its structure
- The learning materials offered in this course are designed to give students exposure to what they would actually do in the workplace and includes textbooks, learner guides, study guides, PowerPoint presentations and live online classroom-based tutorials – all included in the initial enrolment fee with no more to pay
- The great advantage of the Mentor Education learning material and assessment design is that it allows students to develop knowledge and skills and more importantly, see how it is actually applied. Another great benefit that should also be considered is how the learning material sets you up for workplace success through the broad range of self-directed practice activities available introducing students to a wider range of tasks than what they may get exposure to in other courses
Flexibility and Delivery
- The best thing about completing your qualification with Mentor is just how effectively and easily it makes study fit in with your current lifestyle. What’s more with the online learning management system and virtual classrooms you can interact with your cohort and study just about anywhere you can find an internet connection
- The course has been set up with accessibility and flexibility in mind. Students can choose how they wish to study online with access to full support, relevant learning materials and optional virtual classroom collaboration opportunities
- The online self-paced learning available via the Learning Management System (which you access from just about any internet browser) is suitable for those who may be taking up study and education again after some time and for those who are currently employed that want to learn more about what they are doing and formalise their skill sets
- The format of the materials is easy to understand, easy to navigate, accessible from all ‘smart’ devices and downloadable for those who may not always have access to an internet connection
- When it comes to completion times and making study work in with your calendar; students are given a full two years to complete the course, and if need be, extra time to balance work, study, and life commitments
Virtual Classroom Experience
- In addition to the accessible and easy to understand self-directed learning materials, the course gives students additional options on how to best engage with their study commitments
- To complement the self-directed and standalone learning component, students can access weekly live virtual tutorials that form part of the initial enrolment fee
- In live tutorials, students will develop a deeper understanding of the learning material in addition to the assessment requirements. Within the live forum, students are given the opportunity to engage with and ask their educator questions study material all whilst getting to know the other students completing the course and developing their future professional network
- This qualification has been designed to accommodate both individuals with no formal training qualifications and those seeking an entry point for a transition into further education
- The program is particularly suitable for candidates currently working in leadership or management roles who are seeking a formal qualification to enhance and confirm their existing knowledge and skills
Study online at your own pace, giving you the flexibility to achieve a nationally recognised qualification whilst also fulfilling your other life commitments.
Unlimited e-mail and phone support
Unlimited e-mail and phone support is provided by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so you’re never left to feel ‘lost’ or stuck during your studies.
- Mentor Education’s Diploma of Project Management (BSB51415) is a nationally recognised qualification, complying with the AQF standard and ASQA standards for Registered Training Organisations
Assessment may include:
- Short Answer Questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Case Study and Scenario’s
- Research Tasks
- Role Play
About Mentor Education
Established in 2003, we are Australia’s largest privately owned training organisation focused purely on Financial Services & Business training market. Many of our graduates currently work for Australia’s leading financial services institutions (including Big 4 Banks) and small businesses all around Australia. Building on the strong relationships we develop with learners completing our courses, our industry experts are available by arrangement to provide ongoing mentoring on an individual or organisation-wide basis.
Exemplary Student Support
With nearly 20 years’ experience, Mentor Education has gained an enviable reputation amongst financial and business services professionals as a result of its commitment to providing an exceptional student experience, professional training and assessment material supported by best of breed technology and a dedicated, passionate team.
Our commitment to you
Our commitment is exemplified by the high level of student support received – our industry experts and assessors are available to personally respond to your questions and offer constructive feedback and guidance.
Mentor Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 21683)