Project management is the world’s fastest growing profession. A job for life is [now] being replaced by shorter term contracts or project work, and individuals now experiencing 5-7 career changes in their working life, project management is a discipline that offers flexibility in the face of an ever-changing world.
Project management is also becoming a core skill set for managers, coordinators and team leaders. Anyone responsible for organising, managing, monitoring and reviewing workflow will gain significant increases in productivity and overall effectiveness by adopting the Project Management methodology.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Project Manager
- Senior Project Administrator
- Project Coordinator
- Risk Manager
What You'll Learn
- Use business technology to create and use systems for organisation of tasks and commitments
- Explain techniques of performance measurement
- Understand and identify components of a project scope management plan
- Explain time management, project baselines, work breakdown structures, project management tools and techniques, project life cycle phases
- Determine resources against budgetary frameworks
- Understand recording expenditure, financial reports, cost-management processes, and costs across a project’s lifecycle
- Understand and apply quality control and assurance, quality management theories, methods for managing continuous improvement
- Understand how to manage project personnel, how to allocate effectively, training and development strategies, and how to apply HRM methods to projects
- Use leadership techniques to create team cohesion, provide feedback, establish performance review processes, communicate with stakeholders
- Develop and implement stakeholder communication mechanisms for a project
- Conduct effective risk management and apply techniques, strategies and tools
- Maintain and update procurement management processes and procedures
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Part-time: 15 months
- Full-time: 12 months
- Maximum 24 months
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
While there is no formal prerequisite study required to enter this qualification, it is beneficial for students to have some relevant industry experience to assist with the learning application required for this course. This may have been obtained through formal and/or informal training, work experience and life experience.
You will need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or another device with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets (eg: Google Docs, iWork, etc)
- A PDF Reader installed
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You will receive a personal learning plan, regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability, you may be eligible for RPL.
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning formed as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in 2009, and through high-quality training, unparalleled support and flexibility, we’ve been making a real difference in thousands of careers over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)