The BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management course will equip you with the most necessary skills to deliver projects efficiently, with the right resources and manpower, on time and within budget. You’ll have access to not only practical knowledge but also theoretical understanding that is essential for making sound decisions about your work future as a project manager or professional in this field of expertise. This online course covers a variety of subjects including managing project scope and procurement, working within specific time constraints and managing project quality, human resources, and communications.
During this course, you will also be assigned to work with highly experienced specialist business trainers, to guide and support you throughout your studies at TrainSmart Australia.
Who's It For?
No matter the industry or context, skilled project managers are always in demand. The importance of project managers in the business world has only continued to grow with time. The success of any company relies heavily on the work done by its project managers. Learn how to coordinate projects efficiently and effectively, as well as how to correctly motivate your team. If you’re a high achiever looking to become a more effective leader and broaden your work opportunities, then the BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management course is for you.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Project Manager
- Contract Coordinator
- Quality Administrator
- Risk Management Professional
What You'll Learn
The BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management is guided by our four pillars of learning.
- Pillar 1: Project management life-cycle
- Pillar 2: Engaging key stakeholders to achieve project outcomes and deliverables within designated budgets and timelines
- Pillar 3: Leadership and engaging your project team to work cohesively
- Pillar 4: Efficient and effective achievement of project goals and deliverables within set boundaries
These pillars of learning are at the crux of what being successful in project management is all about. To gain these learning outcomes you will be guided through 12 nationally accredited units to complete in this course.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 12 Months – Full Time (10 hours per week)
- This course is offered online-only under the supervision of our business trainers. Our trainers provide weekly online classes, 1-on-1 coaching sessions and online practical assessments via Zoom.
Prior to being enrolled into the VSL eligible course, TrainSmart Australia must reasonably believe that the applicant is academically suited and displays competence for the course requirements including meeting any of the set entry requirements. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate of education; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that was delivered as a part of the AQF (Australian Qualification Framework) that can be verified by the issuing organisation or the USI (unique student identifier) transcript or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy. TrainSmart Australia must also reasonably believe that the student displays that competence.
Please note, we are unable to enrol international students at this time.
- Study online through learn smart, our online learning platform (includes online textbooks, recordings and additional resources)
- Superior trainer support
- Fast response times
- Focus on developing practical skills
Recognition of Prior Learning
- RPL can provide you with the opportunity to gain a full or partial qualification without having to study subjects you already have skills in.
- This means you can save time and money by completing a qualification in a shorter period of time.
- RPL can also lead to better employment opportunities, a pay increase or a job promotion! Contact us for more details.
- Each unit contains 3 assessments
- TrainSmart Australia has a number of standing agreements in place with universities across Australia which guarantees student entry and credit transfers upon completion of a selection of our diplomas.
- Studying this qualification with TrainSmart Australia can open up further study pathways into studying a 2nd-year bachelor’s degree with Australian universities. Enquire for more details.
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)