Grow your passion and love of achieving goals using your knowledge, skills and managing teams with our Diploma of Project Management (BSB51415).
Further develop your professional project management skillset and learn the methods, techniques and tools required to plan and manage entire lifecycles of projects within your organisation.
This course is ideal for those who have sole responsibility to provide quality deliverables of their project objectives, who report the outcome of a project to a higher authority and monitor and review the project as it progresses though its lifecycle.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Project Manager
- Project Leader
- Project Team Leader
- Program Manager
What You'll Learn
On successful completion of this course, students will have the skills to:
- write effective project plans to meet the delivery requirements of corporate/business expectations
- use mechanisms linked with the project plan for the day-to-day control of projects to meet objectives
- provide quality deliverables, with the ability to meet reporting requirements on demand
- select appropriate tools to support monitoring and control mechanisms
- assign agreed on responsibilities to get the best out of core and broader team capabilities.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
The Estimated time to complete the course is:
- 7-8 hours per week over a study period up to 12-18 months.
- Individual students (online/guided assessment/RPL)
- Customised in-house training for groups, corporations and organisations.
- Students should be currently working in a project environment – or be able to access a work-based project environment in a project manager role.
The attainment of the Diploma of Project Management will allow for:
- entry into the Advanced Diploma of Program Management
- credit in AQF qualifications in accordance with relevant training package rules and recognition requirements
- entry into a range of undergraduate and postgraduate awards offered by the UNE Business School
- application to Project Management Institute (PMI) for Category A Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- recognition and credit for the Diploma at other tertiary institutions may be granted once admission requirements have been met.*
Including application to Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) for:
- recognition as a Certified Practicing Project Manager (CPPM)
- continuing Professional Development (CPD) points
- the Diploma will assist in meeting AIPM recognition requirements for Certified Practicing Project Manager – CCPM, and/or Certified Practicing Senior Project Manager – CPSPM.
*Pathways are subject to acceptance/approval, and fees apply
Students need to demonstrate their application of skills and knowledge, against the competency requirements, by submitting detailed explanations of their experience and underpinning knowledge together with supporting evidence.
About UNE Partnerships
With over 30 years’ experience in distance and online education, UNE Partnerships is one of Australia’s most progressive Registered Training Organisation specialising in vocational training programs that are nationally recognised. UNE Partnerships is the wholly owned education and training company of the University of New England (UNE) – New South Wales’ second oldest university and Australia’s oldest and most experienced distance education provider.
We are committed to the provision of structured, high quality, industry relevant training to promote increased skills and knowledge in people and workplaces. Our emphasis is on practical, accredited, nationally recognised qualifications, industry-specific courses and short courses can be directly applied to the workplace. Most of our courses provide articulation into higher qualifications including a range of undergraduate and post-graduate awards offered by the UNE Business School or UNE School of Health to enable a structured career path.
You will have support during your studies with us, all the way from your initial course information enquiry and enrolment process with our friendly Course Advisors, and all the way to your graduation day with our Supportive Student Engagement Team, Program Managers and Industry assessors, experts in their field.
UNE Partnerships Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 6754)