Potential career outcomes could include:
- Managing your own business
- Working within health retreats and spas
- Providing massage services to athletes
- Working in corporate health
What You'll Learn
This course will cover a range of topics and you’ll learn the following:
- Ability to assess posture, muscular imbalances and mobility using recognised testing protocols
- Understanding of remedial massage treatments to improve movement, manage pain and enhance recovery from exercise
- Practical skills in the running of a massage business and practice
- Implementation of injury prevention strategies for clients engaging in sport and exercise
- Skills in catering massage services for specific population groups including pregnant clients, the elderly and athletes
- Engagement with other medical and allied health professionals
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- South Australia
- Gold Coast
- New South Wales
- Western Australia
Duration and Study Load
- Full-time – 1 year
- Part-time – 2 years
Endeavour College offers the flexibility to completed selected subjects online with an updated digital delivery model. With the support of online tutors and a robust Learning Management System, you can fit study around your work and/or personal commitments.
To support learning, students attend practical classes where they are expected to practise interviewing and case assessment techniques, as well as physical clinical examination and treatment procedures. This is conducted under the supervision of qualified instructors and with respect for privacy, cultural and religious differences. Students gain significant clinical experience at Endeavour’s Teaching Clinics under the supervision of qualified practitioners.
In the clinics, students will develop and hone all skills required for professional clinical practise (and to run a successful clinic after graduation), including client assessment and management, client recruitment and continuity of care, and customer service.
To gain entry to an accredited undergraduate course at Endeavour College, applicants must satisfy the general requirements and other entry requirements by type of background.
General Requirements – All Applicants
All domestic applicants, regardless of background, must meet the following requirements:
- Must be willing to attend an admissions interview upon submission of enrolment paperwork (in person or via teleconference / Skype)
- Must be 18 years of age within the first period of study
Provide one of the following:
- A copy of a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (i.e. a Year 12 qualification) or
- A copy of a higher level qualification completed or successful completion of 1 year FTE or
- Achieve competency in Exit Level 3 score and working at Level 4 within the Australian Core Skills Framework assessments in Reading and Numeracy
Recognition of Prior Learning
Graduates of the HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage may apply for membership with the following professional associations:
- Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA)
- Massage & Myotherapy Australia (MMA)
- Analyse and respond to client health information
- Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments
- Provide remedial massage treatments
- Engage with health professionals and the health system
About Endeavour College of Natural Health
Endeavour College of Natural Health has been providing Vocational and Higher Education courses in Natural Health since 1975.
Our vision is to promote and advance the philosophy and practise of natural medicine and wellbeing by producing high-quality graduates who will go on to be leaders in their fields of practise. We are dynamic and innovative whilst maintaining traditional wisdom in both a digital and practical learning environment.
Endeavour is a direct entry College with no ATAR requirements. You can apply to study with us at any time and join one of 12 monthly online intakes for our Bachelor of Health Science degrees (in Acupuncture, Naturopathy & Nutrition), Bachelor of Complementary Medicine, our new Diploma of Health Science or Undergraduate Certificates. Vocational Education courses (such as Remedial Massage) are offered 4 times a year.
Enquire about one of our courses today for more information on enrolling with Endeavour College of Natural Health!
Endeavour College of Natural Health is a trading name of Australian College of Natural Medicine Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31489)