- This is a fee for service course, there is no government funding available
This course teaches you practical skills in remedial massage, which uses massage, stretching and associated techniques to improve wellness, health and relaxation. You’ll gain the theoretical knowledge required to assess your clients’ soft tissue dysfunction, and to provide treatment to clients with a specific need.
This course gives you a qualification as well as the small business skills needed to thrive in the industry.
This qualification is recognised nationally by Service Skills Australia.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Allied health practices or health organisations
- Sporting clubs
- Wellness retreats
- Health spas
- Corporate massage environments
- Private clinics
- Cruise ships
- Aged care facilities.
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Prior to enrolment, all applicants will be required to complete a literacy and numeracy assessment to assist with determining eligibility and to identify learning support needs
- For employment and practical placement purposes, this vocational sector typically requires a current and satisfactory Police Record Check. Failure to provide the required documents in the timeframe specified by the Course Coordinator, means you will be unable to undertake a practical placement in a workplace and therefore not eligible to progress in this course
To be awarded Diploma of Remedial Massage, a student must successfully complete a total of twenty-one (21) units of competency (16 core) and (5 electives):
About Mervic College
Mervic College is one of the leading private providers of vocational education and training in Australia renowned for quality training programs that are relevant to employment trends, delivered with excellence, and responsive to student needs.
We pride ourselves to deliver qualifications and vocational training that enable individuals to develop authentic skills, knowledge, and competencies required to enhance their employability and career opportunities.
We are committed to delivering quality training and skillsets that respond to current industry need. We make strategic choices that ensure delivery while maintaining sufficient financial resources.
Mervic College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #60036) CRICOS (Code: 03889G)