- Government funding is available for eligible candidates in Victoria only.
The Salon Management Course qualification reflects the role of senior managers and small business owners of personal services businesses. They are responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operation of the business and for planning, monitoring and evaluating the work of the team.
Salon managers also operate with significant autonomy to make strategic business management decisions. This qualification provides a pathway to work as a salon manager in any type of personal service business including hairdressing or beauty salons, barbershops and spas.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 26 Weeks full-time (2 days per week + self-study)
- 52 Weeks part-time (1 day per week + self-study)
- Training is delivered at our modern Fitzroy salon.
- There are no formal prerequisites required to enter the SHB50216 Diploma of Salon Management.
- Prior to enrolling in this course, students must complete Victorian International Academy’s Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment and pre-training review interview so we can assess the suitability of this course to meet your needs.
- For a successful enrolment students must be 18 years old.
- Large operating salon for student experience
- Multi-discipline classrooms
- Specialist colour room
- Luxurious basin training area
- Photographic studio
- Fashion show space
- Professional makeup bar
- Student locker and catering facilities
- Student learning library
10 units must be completed — 7 core units and 3 elective units.
About Victorian International Academy
Victorian International Academy is a leading training provider delivering nationally recognised courses since 2010. The company boasts the most modern training facilities to ensure the best possible outcomes for domestic students.
Our registered trainers are industry experts in the areas of hairdressing, barbering and community services, providing classroom and apprenticeship training in convenient locations around Victoria. Victorian Government funding is available for those students who satisfy the eligibility criteria through the Skills First program.
Victorian International Academy is able to leverage their relationship, knowledge and experience through their sister companies Victorian Home and Community Care, and VIA Care (a registered NDIS Service Provider) within the community services sector to provide meaningful career outcomes.
Victorian International Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #22511)