Ready for an industry management role?
Take that next step from Therapist to Manager/Owner
Your journey starts here…
It may have been a while since you were in beauty school or learning your trade. You’ve been on the floor for a while now and the manager’s role excites you. It’s probably time to step up! In this comprehensive salon management training course, you will learn everything from how to manage client expectations in beauty salons and how to manage salon staff to introducing sustainability into a business and how to market for a small or large scale beauty day spa, hair salon, health retreat or remedial massage clinic.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Hair Salon/Barershop Manager
- Beauty Clinic Manager
- Day Spa/Laser Clinic Manager
- Small Business Owner
- Health Clinic Worker
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- Sunshine Coast
Duration and Study Load
Online Flexible Delivery
- 4 x 10 week terms- This includes supervised study sessions and a weekly live virtual classroom lecture
Flexible Teacher-Directed Independent Study
- Online 15 hours/week over 4 x 10 week terms
- 80 Supervised hours over 12 months
- This course has a blended delivery. You will work online, attend virtual lectures weekly and attend face-to-face training if you are not already in a supervised workplace. Being able to complete your practical work in your workplace gives you the flexibility to study and work. You will complete the course in 12 months
- The course uses online learning technology to give you structured learning and all the resources you need. You will have access to a tutor and one-on-one support sessions for the duration of your course
- Students should have completed Year 12 (or equivalent) or provide successful completion of an AQF Certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English). Alternatively, a literacy and numeracy test will be organised by Demi after you enrol
- The student must display the required level of competence Demi International reasonably believes is required for a Diploma level of Study. Younger applicants are welcome to apply, and entry will be at the discretion of the RTO
Why Choose Demi International Beauty Academy:
- Flexibility – Study and Work
- Payment options available – Study Now, Pay Later
- Beauty Therapists upskill with the IPL and Laser Stream
- Experienced and passionate trainers dedicated to your success
- National recognition
- Fully functioning salon for real-world experience
- Virtual Classroom – Learn from anywhere
- Pathways to University Degrees – Bachelor of Business
- We have a fully functioning salon in each of our campuses
- The salon is opening to the public, who can book online for salon treatments with students
- As students training in management, you will take a superior role in the Salon or Clinic under the supervision of your trainer who will continue to provide you with Salon Management tips. Hands-on in a fully functioning salon or clinic
- You may already be working in a salon and have the support of your manager or boss to study management. Talk to us about your options to complete your practical training in your workplace
- Live weekly virtual classroom lectures
- Access to one-on-one support sessions with your trainer
- All resources and material
- All teacher directed learning
- Online Learning Management System (LMS)
- Online textbook
- Completing a Diploma of Salon Management with Demi International provides further higher education pathways into degrees such as Bachelor of Business with the University of Southern Qld and Southern Cross University
About Demi International Beauty Academy
Demi International are the industry choice for job-ready and well-rounded graduates. Time, quality, and nurturing of students learning is our priority. To deliver excellence in education, we have worked closely with industry experts and employers to ensure our graduates receive the most current information and skills that are relevant and most valuable to industry employers. With great education comes opportunity, as a number of our students have been offered employment prior to graduation.
All courses are recognised with the Australian Qualification Framework and nationally accredited. Giving you a range of further study options and pathways into University, with the opportunity to receive recognised study credits into a Bachelor degree. Plus our Diploma of Beauty Therapy and Diploma of Remedial Massage are internationally recognised in 39 countries through ITEC giving you the chance to explore global opportunities.
Demi International delivers nationally accredited units, courses and qualifications for sort after skills. We have been a trusted provider of quality education for more than 13 years, with thousands of happy graduates.
All of our courses are Flexible face-to-face study options that give you the time to study, work and play. With four campus locations in Queensland, you can study where it suits your lifestyle.
We ensure small class numbers and student-focused support from trainers with over 30+ years of industry experience. Our completion rate is over 95% and we have an extremely high employment rate on graduation.
Demi International Beauty Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #32542)