The Diploma of School Age Education and Care is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to take responsibility for the overall planning, implementation and management of a school-age education and care program. At this level, you will have responsibility for the supervision of other staff and volunteers and be responsible for the day-to-day running of a before and after school care and/or vacation care service.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Outside school hours care coordinator
- Outside school hours care educator
- Program leader
- Service manager
- Team leader
- Vacation care coordinator
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 13 months
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet the required standards for ACSF LEVEL 3
- You need to either provide a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or provide evidence that you have applied for a WWCC. Find out more information here
- If you are unable to obtain a WWCC you will not be able to complete the requirements of the course and will not be eligible for government-subsidised training for this course
- Evidence of flu and/or COVID-19 vaccination is required to undertake a practical placement in an early childhood education and care setting. For more information, check with your state health department website
- One of the benefits of studying with Practical Outcomes is our practical learning that will help you develop hands-on, real-life skills so you develop sector-ready confidence to succeed in the workplace
- This program requires a minimum of 240 hours in at least one regulated school-age education and care service is required for this qualification. If you are not already in the workplace we can help you organise practical placement in a service that is suitable for you
About Practical Outcomes
Practical Outcomes is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), with over 15 years of experience educating over 21,000 learners.
With many education providers in the market, we understand choosing the right provider can be difficult. At Practical Outcomes, we pride ourselves on being a leading compliant Registered Training Organisation (RTO), and to assist you in your own assessment of us, have published the following information providing transparency in our performance.
As a specialist education provider in early childhood education and care and school-aged education and care, our human-centred training is designed to enable learners to gain the job-ready knowledge, professional skills and confidence to make a difference in these essential sectors. Providing fully-accredited courses for both distance and in the workplace, our learners gain sector relevant skills supported by real-life practical and hands-on experience.
Education inspired by care and compassion.
Practical Outcomes is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 21857)