Unleash your creativity.
Learn the skills to join an exciting industry that boasts great job opportunities in a growing industry with flexibility, flair, and high job satisfaction.
Take your love of makeup to the next level!
This course is designed both for the beginner and for those who have basic makeup skills and want to take their skills to a professional level. Learn the skills you will need to carve out a career in Film, TV, Fashion or as a Freelance Makeup artist.
Gain skills from the basics of correct makeup application to high fashion photography makeup. How to keep yourself and your client safe and maintain hygiene standards. How to work to an industry-standard time frame. The styling and makeup tricks throughout the history of makeup, hair and fashion to create unique, creative and specialised looks.
Learn screen and media makeup including how to design looks and respond to industry briefs and gain the confidence to make the pitch you need to impress industry professionals. Work with prosthetics to create and transform your clients into creatures, add human and mutant features, work with blood and get geared up for SPFX. You’ll also dive into digital marketing and learn how to create a successful freelance business.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Freelance Makeup artist
What You'll Learn
- You will learn everything from the basics of correct makeup application to high fashion photography makeup. How to keep yourself and your client safe and maintain hygiene standards. How to work to an industry-standard time frame. The styling and makeup tricks throughout the history of makeup, hair and fashion to create unique, creative and specialised looks
- You will learn how to design looks and respond to industry briefs and gain the confidence to make the pitch you need to impress industry professionals. Work with prosthetics to create and transform your clients into creatures, add human and mutant features, work with blood and get geared up for SPFX. You’ll also dive into digital marketing and learn how to create a successful freelance business
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Sunshine Coast
Duration and Study Load
- 4 x 10 week terms
Face to Face Delivery
- 4 x 10 week terms – 1 day a week face to face training
Flexible Teacher Directed Independent Study
- Online 20 hours/week over 4 x 10 week terms (Full-time)
Portfolio of Work
- 4 hours per/week x 10 weeks completed outside of face to face training hours
- Students should have completed Year 12 (or equivalent) or provide successful completion of an AQF Certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English). Alternatively, a literacy and numeracy test will be organised by Demi after you enrol
- The student must display the required level of competence Demi International reasonably believes is required for a Diploma level of Study. Younger applicants are welcome to apply, and entry will be at the discretion of the RTO
Why Choose Demi International Makeup Academy:
- Leave with a portfolio of work
- Flexibility to study while you work
- Experienced and passionate trainers that really care about you
- Payment Options available
- Nationally Accredited Course (Australia Wide)
- Dual Qualification Options available (add Certificate III in Hairdressing for a complete skill-set)
- All teacher-directed learning
- Crown makeup kit including brushes
- MAC Professional makeup kit
- MUK Hair Kit
- Ripper Special effects kit
- Industry experts
- Field trips
- All resources and materials
- Support sessions
- Online Learning Management System (LMS)
- Online textbook
Ashleigh SmithDiploma of Screen and Media
Tahlia KirkDiploma of Screen and Media
Melissa ChristieDiploma of Screen and Media
- A Diploma of Screen and Media (specialised makeup) CUA51015 with Demi International provides a pathway to higher education degrees such as Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Creative Industries, Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Communications and Event Management
Meet our instructors
- We value a great education. Our instructors have over 30 years of work experience working with clients in a variety of fields. They are qualified trainers and assessors that meet the Australian Government guidelines for trainers
About Demi International Beauty Academy
Demi International are the industry choice for job-ready and well-rounded graduates. Time, quality, and nurturing of students learning is our priority. To deliver excellence in education, we have worked closely with industry experts and employers to ensure our graduates receive the most current information and skills that are relevant and most valuable to industry employers. With great education comes opportunity, as a number of our students have been offered employment prior to graduation.
All courses are recognised with the Australian Qualification Framework and nationally accredited. Giving you a range of further study options and pathways into University, with the opportunity to receive recognised study credits into a Bachelor degree. Plus our Diploma of Beauty Therapy and Diploma of Remedial Massage are internationally recognised in 39 countries through ITEC giving you the chance to explore global opportunities.
Demi International delivers nationally accredited units, courses and qualifications for sort after skills. We have been a trusted provider of quality education for more than 13 years, with thousands of happy graduates.
All of our courses are Flexible face-to-face study options that give you the time to study, work and play. With four campus locations in Queensland, you can study where it suits your lifestyle.
We ensure small class numbers and student-focused support from trainers with over 30+ years of industry experience. Our completion rate is over 95% and we have an extremely high employment rate on graduation.
Demi International Beauty Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #32542)