- We are a private RTO and therefore government funding is not available. Please check eligibility requirements before enquiring
Our nationally recognised 10904NAT Diploma of Social Media Marketing is designed to equip you with the tools to help you operate successfully in a Marketing or Business role. Learn the skills and confidence to ensure you are ready to implement Social Media Marketing into your operations, and lead your business to success.
Social media marketing is booming, and there’s never been a better time to get qualified in this area. More and more businesses are turning to social media to harness its power, with spend in the sector growing an incredible 40% year on year. Jobs in the industry are also on the rise, with social media roles consistently increasing in the past few years.
Who's It For?
If you would like to accelerate your career and business in social media marketing, then this may just be the perfect course for you!
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation. You may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and complete your studies faster. Please note – limitations do apply.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Content Marketing Manager
- Content Strategist
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing Strategist
- Head Of Digital Marketing
- Head Of Social Media
- Social Media Community Manager
- Social Media Consultant
- Social Media Coordinator
- Social Media Manager
- Social Media Strategist
What You'll Learn
At the end of this course you’ll know how to:
- Develop a digital and social media marketing strategy.
- Create and execute a content marketing plan.
- Research, design and roll out a social media network strategy for both organic and paid advertising across a range of platforms including, but not limited to:
- Master your own personal brand on social media.
- Learn how to convert social media followers into paying customers.
- Craft and employ targeted email marketing strategy.
- Develop captivating content for a range of social media.
- Manage social media profiles and email marketing to increase brand awareness and increase revenue.
- Monitor and improve social media marketing effectiveness.
- Manage a team of social media professionals.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Course duration: The duration for the course is maximum 24 months. As a self-paced online course, the time it will take you to complete is flexible and dependent on ability and time available
- Recommended hours per week: 13h
- Delivery method: Online
This course does not require specific formal education qualifications. However, you must be a minimum of 18 years old to enrol. At Open Colleges, we’re passionate about helping you choose courses that are a perfect fit for your individual goals and aspirations. Please note that this course is not open to student visa holders. For personalised assistance and more information, please enquire now.
- The hands-on Diploma will allow you to immediately apply the skills you learn to your workplace or business as you work your way through the course
- The course format gives you plenty of practice setting up and managing social media accounts and implementing social media campaigns, ensuring you are 100% job ready when you complete your studies
- You will also develop an extensive online portfolio, which means you’ll have a body of quality work to show potential employers once you graduate
- Social media marketing is one of the fastest growing industries and an increasingly vital skill-set. Take advantage of Social Media’s true potential to drive results for your business, career or employer
- This course also includes a free 12 month student membership to the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI), the industry peak body for marketing professionals in Australia. Your AMI membership will begin once you successfully complete an assessment within the first month of the course
Recognition of Prior Learning
We value the diverse skills and expertise you may have gained from various sources. These experiences can be acknowledged through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process
For a more comprehensive understanding of our RPL procedure, please refer to our Credit Transfer & Recognition of Prior Learning Policy, available in the Key Student Information section of our website. Alternatively, you can contact an Enrolment Consultant to discuss your RPL options.
- Multiple choice Quiz
- Role plays
- Work Placement
- Written assignments
The following resources are provided to you via OpenSpace:
- Case studies
- Further readings
- External links
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) DBBM
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations
- Bachelor of Media and Communication
- Determine social media marketing requirements and opportunities
- Identify and select social media marketing platforms
- Develop a social media content marketing strategy and implementation plan
- Implement and manage mainstream social media strategy
- Determine niche social media marketing requirements and opportunities
- Identify and select key social media marketing networks
- Develop a niche social media marketing strategy and implementation plan
- Implement and manage niche social media strategies
- Determine social media marketing requirements and personal brand opportunities
- Develop a tailored personal brand strategy
- Implement and manage personal brand strategy
- Determine email marketing requirements and opportunities
- Develop an email marketing strategy and implementation plan
- Implement and evaluate effectiveness of email marketing strategy
- Evaluate each component of marketing mix
- Determine marketing mix for specific markets
- Monitor and adjust marketing mix
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)