The Diploma of Software Development (ICT50718) addresses skills and knowledge around programming and software development. The qualification facilitates careers in bespoke software product creation, and in the customisation of existing software products to answer evolving customer requirements.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Analyst Programmer Support
- Assistant Programming Developer
- Assistant Software Applications Programmer
- Assistant Software Developer
- Database Support Programmer
- Web Support Programmer
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification.
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support, and certification upon successful completion.
IT students also have access to Pluralsight’s online training library, a comprehensive online video training library delivered by those in the industry. The content is accessible 24/7 so you can study and further your skills whenever it suits you.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Upskilled is ready to help you leverage previous study and relevant work experience to accelerate your progress towards a Nationally Recognised qualification.
- ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTPRG520 Validate an application design against specifications
- ICTPRG418 Apply intermediate programming skills in another language
- ICTPRG527 Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills
- ICTPRG529 Apply testing techniques for software development
- ICTPRG503 Debug and monitor applications
- ICTPRG502 Manage a project using software management tools
- ICTPRG523 Apply advanced programming skills in another language
- ICTPRG501 Apply advanced object-oriented language skills
- ICTPRG504 Deploy an application to a production environment
- ICTPMG501 Manage ICT projects
- ICTPRG508 Create mashups
- ICTPRG515 Review developed software
- ICTPRG604 Create cloud computing services
- ICTPRG514 Prepare for software development using rapid application development
- ICTICT509 Gather data to identify business requirements
*Upskilled may make changes to the course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or other regulatory requirements.’
Upskilled is Australia’s pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)