- This course is fee for service, with no government funding available
- Student Visa Holders not accepted for enrolment into this course
The Weight Management industry plays a critical role in providing holistic and client-specific solutions, to enable individuals to manage their weight. This course is designed for individuals who wish to develop the skills, knowledge and experience in planning, conducting and evaluating advanced weight management programs. As an Advanced practitioner/coach you’ll be qualified to provide your services to low-moderate risk clients, including providing meals plans and exercise recommendations. Advanced practitioners/coaches may work in supervisory roles, applying their skills and knowledge to assist team members with the identification of interrelated contributing factors and the development of advanced weight management programs.
Onfit Training College licenses the content for the 10698NAT Diploma of Weight Management from Global Weight Management Education PTY Ltd
Potential career outcomes could include:
- An Advanced Weight Management Practitioner
- Weight Management Specialist
- Advanced Health Coach
What You'll Learn
You’ll learn how to work effectively within the weight management industry, including in a supervisory role. You’ll be taught how to apply principles of nutritional science to meal planning and how to develop meal plans in consultation with clients. Additionally, you’ll learn how to make exercise recommendations for weight management, in consultation with clients.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Maximum 18 months to complete
Study online through our interactive learning portal. You’ll have your own learning profile, where you can complete all of your lessons and online theory assessment. Everything you need to know to complete your study will be within your online course, include resources and information on your practical assessment requirements. With our online study option, your course will be self-paced, so you can study when it suits you.
Essential Entry Requirements:
- Hold the 10576NAT Certificate IV in Weight Management (or its successor), or a qualification at least at AQF level 4 in a relevant field such as fitness or allied health;
- Have the ability to use computers, to email, send and write word documents and to use basic spreadsheets
Recommended entry requirements:
- Adaptability to understand and apply materials to various contexts
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to provide clear instructions and read and write manuals and reports and evaluate the impact of the materials
- Ability to interpret, evaluate and apply legislation to business procedures
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to acknowledge and respond and manage a wide range of views and relate to clients and colleagues from differing cultural, social and religious backgrounds
- Problem-solving skills required to fulfil job roles
- Ability to perform complex numeric calculations
- Ability to use computers
Health, Fitness and Wellness Professionals all over Australia choose Onfit to start their careers. Here’s why:
- Quality Education, by Online Course Specialists. Onfit are pioneers in online education and we’re passionate about perfecting the art of delivering quality education online. We pride ourselves on our engaging and enjoyable courses.
- Trusted and respected by Health, Fitness and Wellness Industry Experts. Part of what makes Onfit so different is that we directly consult with industry experts throughout the creation and development of our courses. Why? We want to ensure as an Onfit Graduate you start your career with confidence, knowing that the skills and knowledge you have, align with what’s needed in the real world!
- Flexible, Self-Paced Study. There’s no need to take time off work, or shift around other commitments, let your study fit around your schedule. You can study anytime day or night. We’ll set you up with a study planner so you can plan your study around your goals. Plus whenever you log into your course, you’ll be able to continue from where you left off, with one simple click!
- Superior Support. We’re with you every step of the way and are dedicated to ensuring your success as a newly qualified Personal Trainer. Our exclusive ‘Circle of Support’ Program has been designed to give you the highest quality support, when and how you need it. This includes after-hours and weekend support.
- Flexible payment options. Tell us about your budget and we can customise a flexible financial plan for your course. We offer Payment Plans and Pay in Full options.
- Multiple Choice, Short Answer Questions, Practical Assessment & Case Studies
About Onfit Training College
Onfit Training College specialises in online health & fitness education, with flexible study options & support 7 days a week. Our team are passionate about supporting you throughout your studies and into your dream career, with our range of courses in fitness, weight management & allied health.
Onfit Training College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#32107)