Are you considering a new career in work health and safety or looking to become a certified WHS Manager? Are you looking to align your current skills and knowledge to increase your employability by adding a senior WHS accreditation to your resume? Or do you currently conduct WHS tasks but don’t have the formal recognition yet?
Workplace Health and Safety is a critical component for the success of workplace welfare, safety, and productivity. Companies are acknowledging and reflecting the wide-reaching impact of good work health and safety practice and risk management more than ever. If you have been considering a change in career or to increase your employability, now it is the time to add work health and safety accreditation to your profession with a Diploma of Work Health and Safety BSB51319.
This accredited program is currently one of the most in-demand accreditations in Australia. It is designed for those seeking to develop skills and knowledge in areas such as workplace investigation of WHS incidents, management of effective WHS consultation processes with various stakeholders, contribution to the systematic management of WHS risk, understanding WHS information systems, and implementation of an emergency procedure.
Completion of this program will provide participants with the skills and knowledge that cover the informed application of relevant legislation, the identification of workplace hazards, risk assessment, emergency procedures, and workplace monitoring. In addition, you will be well-equipped to ensure that your staff, workplace site, project, or operation have the skills and expertise required to manage and implement workplace health and safety policy and regulations with confidence.
This qualification is relevant to today’s current industry standards and reflects the skills and competencies needed to grow a successful career or business. The units of competency have been selected in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to the industry.
Students will have up to 12 months to complete this program. However, if you have more than 3+ years of experience in work, health, and safety, or if you are currently holding an old WHS qualification and need to update your certification, you may be eligible to receive skills recognition through the Recognition of Prior Learning process.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Safety Manager
- Safety Supervisor
- Compliance Manager
- Site Safety Coordinator
- Self-employed safety consultant/contractor
- Senior Safety Compliance Officer”
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 12 Months
Recognition of prior learning
You might be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for your previous work or study, saving you time and money on your course. Ask our team about eligibility.
Self-paced online study
Online learning provides options for participants to learn in a self-paced environment. Perfect for those with busy schedules. Our philosophy is, Learn, Develop, Improve. Anytime. Anywhere!
Need customised study options? We have tailored options to meet you or your staff needs. Ask our experienced consultants how we can tailor a program to meet your busy schedule, lifestyle, and budget.
5 pre-requisite units must be completed in full (deemed competent) before commencing any units in the Diploma of Work Health and Safety BSB51319 including Equivalent competencies are predecessors to the following units which have been mapped as equivalent:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
Acceptable documents to demonstrate competency include:
- Statement of attainment or
- Record of result or
- An official USI transcript
- Participants will have access to student support services via phone, email, and SMS from Monday to Friday during business hours
- Access to a trainer and assessor via phone, email, and SMS 5 days per week, Monday to Friday during business hour
- Computer or laptop
- Stable internet connection
- An email account
- A phone
- Microsoft Office Suite version 2013 or later
- Recording device such as a mobile phone/video recorder
- Access to at least 3 people to help you demonstrate your ability to interact with others during course projects (Not required for RPL)
- RPL students only: Be able to provide at least 2 professional referees to validate previous roles, projects and work experience
The Diploma of Work Health and Safety BSB51319 requires the completion of 10 units comprising of 5 core units and 5 electives:
About Techskill Academy
Techskill Academy is a fully licensed and Registered Training Organisation (Provider License 45055). With a combined 50+ years of industry experience, Techskill Academy is committed to helping you improve your career and business outcomes through RPL and a list of high demand nationally accredited courses.
Why Techskill Academy?
- Techskill Academy is an Experienced Industry Professional
- Nominated for Telstra Business of the Year 2020
- All programs are written and contextualised by industry experts and meet current industry standards
- First-class documented work-flow system supporting your learning journey
- One of the most price competitive registered training providers in the country
Techskill Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#45055)