Do you love dogs and have a passion for caring for them or working with them? Do you want to better understand why dogs behave the way they do, so you can change the way you handle dogs or train them? Then this course is for you.
Designed to give you a comprehensive introduction to dog care and psychology, whether it be to care for a pet at home or if you work with dogs, and how to understand their behaviours to improve the way you train and care for them. This course will provide a solid foundation, exploring a dog’s anatomy and physiology, their nutrition and health, breeding and different methods of training dogs.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Animal Shelter Assistant
- Dog Groomer
- Pet Shop Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Dog Trainer or Behaviouralist
- Dog Handler
What You'll Learn
- A practical course to take you through all general aspects of dog care. You will learn the science of dog care, as well as how to care for the practical daily needs of a dog
- Designed to give you a solid introduction into the different ways to care for your dog, from nutrition and feeding, to exercise, health care, breeding and behaviour and training
- You will learn how to provide effective care for those needs either as a dog owner or a professional working in the industry
- This course is designed for anyone who works with or cares for dogs. You will learn how to truly understand dogs, build a respectful and responsive relationship with dogs and better understand how to manage their health and wellbeing
- You will also develop an understanding of canine psychology, which you can apply in a variety of situations, from dog handling and training, or even at home as a dog owner
- Understanding how the domesticated dog has developed anatomically and physiologically will help you understand behaviours commonly seen in dogs, allowing you to provide an environment in which the dog remains a happy and healthy companion
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 200 hours
- 100% Online
- Study at your own pace
- You must have an internet connection
- Many of our students are under the age over 18, however, we do need to speak with a parent or legal guardian
- If you identify as having a long term impairment, disability, or medical condition that may impact on your ability to complete online study, speak to us about the services we can offer
- Our courses and content are up to date and relevant in today’s market
- We have high-quality student support with experienced and qualified tutors to help you every step of the way
- Our courses are delivered 100% online and you can study at your own pace
- We have a market-leading student learning and communication platform
- Our courses are flexible, you will have long term access to the course content
- Our courses are affordable, we offer interest-free payment options for all students
- 12-month of access to course content
- We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive
- Upon completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion, a Statement of Attainment for each module completed and an Academic Transcript
- Each lesson concludes in an assignment which is submitted and marked by your tutor and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments and if necessary, extra reading
- Your assessments will usually include case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Study with the help of our Tutors and the Student Support team to achieve an industry accredited certification.
- Enrol with us today to begin your future-focused learning journey
- After enrolment, we’ll give you a 5-day satisfaction guarantee to ensure the course is right for you
2 Key Modules, made up of 18 subjects.
Careerhouse offers online, industry-relevant courses. We’re not like other education providers. We aim to offer a holistic, practical, and hands-on approach, to help set you up for success in the real world.
Whether you’re looking to upskill, transition to a new industry, start your own business or take your hobby to the next level, we’ll help take you there.
We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive.
Our mission is to make sure that you are equipped with the necessary skills to take the next step in your life with confidence.