- Payment plans are only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Do you love dogs? Do you want to be a Dog Groomer? But don’t have the time or option to be in a classroom? Then this is the course for you!
Learning Online in partnership with IgroomHub is proud to present the only Professional online dog grooming certificate in Australia!
The Professional Dog Grooming Certificate is perfect for those who want to make their dog grooming dream a reality. You will gain all the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to bathe, trim, clip & style the coats of all dogs including speciality coat types and many different dog breeds.
Forget just reading about dog grooming in other online courses, watch our dog grooming pros conduct each lesson in video tutorials then practise with the professional dog grooming kit we provide you.
If you’re ready to get started working in dog grooming as a career or start your very own at home dog grooming business, then this is the course for you!
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Start an animal daycare/dog grooming business
- Animal grooming assistant/animal trainer
- Dog Kennel Attendant
- Dog Shelter Employee
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Flexible duration (12 months access & tutor support)
- Average course completion time – 15 to 20 weeks
- Self-paced fully supported learning
- You must have a computer and an internet connection. If you do not have a computer or tablet, we can supply one
- Over the age of 18 (if you are not, we would need to speak with a guardian)
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be aware that any disabilities may affect your ability to work online; please notify us so that we can fully support you with your studies
- Online 24/7 access to your course allowing you to study when it suits your schedule
- Access to a variety of learning formats including video tutorials and text-based guides
- Tutoring services to ensure no question you have goes unanswered
- A certificate of attainment upon completion of your course
- Plus 12 month access to the course content allowing you to have a refresher whenever you need
By following these practical assessments, we will be able to identify if you have achieved the skills and knowledge needed to become a great Dog Groomer.
Assessment 1 – Bathing and Drying
Assessment 2 – Clipping, Scissoring and Styling
It is important not only to be able to identify dog breeds but also their breed group. Many dogs have similar traits or uses, find out which breed belongs to which group.
Understanding groomer language.
What tools and equipment are needed for dog grooming? How do you clean and maintain equipment?
As well as identifying a breed and the group the dog belongs to, we also need to understand what type of coat a dog has. Specific tool choice and coat identification as well as how hair grows are explained here.
How to achieve a well-balanced and stylish groom.
About Learning Online
Learning Online is a new-age education provider with the mission of delivering practical skills to Australians so that you can get the most out of life.
We specialise in short courses that have been carefully crafted to deliver you the skills you’ll need to succeed.
By partnering with industry experts our courses are highly relevant to what’s occurring in industry right now, which means that when you graduate from a Learning Online course, you’ll be able to start applying those skills and create an impact in your role from day one.
With a combination of interactive video tutorials, custom designed industry-based kits and text-based learning, your online studies are going to be something you look forward to each day.