CAL’s Double Diploma of Marketing Communication and Business (Business Development) will give you the skills you need to identify and capitalise on marketing opportunities and make strong strategic decisions for your business. You’ll develop skills to manage marketing and communications, with crucial skills in marketing project management, social media and managing budgets. In addition to essential marketing skills, you’ll learn key leadership skills in stakeholder management, communication, risk management and policy development, making you an indispensable asset at all levels in any organisation.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Marketing Manager
- Product Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
What You'll Learn
- Prepare and deliver market research and consumer market reports to highlight areas of opportunity and risk
- Monitor consumer behaviour to analyse trends in spending and highlight opportunities
- Develop communication plans and social media strategies
- Successfully manage stakeholders to foster positive relationships
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
Part-time: approx 16-18 months
Full-time: approx 14 months
The Diploma of Marketing and Communication (BSB50620) requires students to meet entry requirements to undertake this course. To satisfy the entry requirements for this diploma, you must have either completed the following units:
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
- BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBMKG433 Undertake marketing activities
- BSBMKG435 Analyse consumer behaviour
- BSBMKG439 Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry
- Have two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience. You will be required to submit evidence and complete a short eligibility conversation with one of our Learning Coaches.
Where it will lead me
As a qualified and confident leader with a combination of essential marketing and business development skills, you’ll be prepared to take on any marketing challenge. You’ll be able to manage marketing operations from evaluating marketing opportunities to post-campaign reporting and analysis, ensuring your team and the wider business are hitting targets and driving growth.
BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
BSBOPS501 Manage business resources
BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
BSBTWK401 Build and maintain business relationships
BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
BSBMKG541 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
BSBMKG542 Establish and monitor the marketing mix
BSBMKG552 Design and develop marketing communication plans
BSBMKG555 Write persuasive copy
SIRXMKT006 Develop a social media strategy
BSBMKG550 Promote products and services to international markets
BSBMKG545 Conduct marketing audits
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning is an award-winning Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high-quality training, unparalleled flexibility and real career outcomes to thousands of students over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies – not just a piece of paper.
We promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)