The Dual Certificate IV in Programming and Digital and Interactive Games (ICT40518, ICT40915) delivers the knowledge individuals require to develop basic programming skills in the most commonly used programming languages. It also supports those aiming to design, develop and program basic digital games briefs as part of a larger development team.
These two useful qualifications provide the skills and knowledge required to find a role as an assistant programmer within a software development team or as a support programmer to a more senior programming team and/or working with systems analysts. This dual qualification will also allow you to expand your skills and potentially gain employment as an assistant animator; or as a support role to a web designer, games developer, or designer.
This program has been created with a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral and trainer developed materials. Vendor training is recognised internationally as an industry benchmark for product specific training. Upskilled uses an online Learning Management System to manage the delivery and assessment of learning resources. The program is conducted over a 12 month period through distance education, online workshops, and webinars.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Assistant programmer
- Assistant software developer
- Assistant web application programmer
- Assistant web developer
- 2D/3D artist support
- Assistant animator
- Assistant graphic/media designer
- Assistant PC games programmer
- Digital media developer support
- Games developer support
- Interactive media developer support
- Web designer support
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
- Achieving ICT30115 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- OR Other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICT30115
- OR Demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments such as digital media, games development, animation, graphics design, software programming, application programming or web development
- OR similar roles/professional activities
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments and online trainer support.
This qualification utilises many and varied types of learning materials and assessments. These resources are managed and provided through Upskilled’s Learning Management System, MyUpskilled.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Upskilled is ready to help you leverage previous study and relevant work experience to accelerate your progress towards a Nationally Recognised qualification.
This qualification covers the learning content for the following Vendor Certification:
- MTA: HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- MTA: Software Development Fundamentals
- MTA: Database Fundamentals
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft.NET Framework
- Microsoft C#.NET Language
All recommended learning materials for these certifications are provided in this Upskilled qualification. Microsoft Learning also recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product along with studying these materials. Exams and vendor certification are not included.
- Project work
Upskilled is Australia’s pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)