Looking for work in some of Melbourne’s best cafes? Or maybe you want to learn to make high quality barista coffee at home.
No matter what your goals are, our Espresso Machine Operation Skill Set is perfect to give you the skills and confidence you need to excel within the industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Working in cafes, restaurants, bars and bakeries
What You'll Learn
- Food handlers certificate (Food Handlers Level 1)
- How to make and serve espresso coffee’s
- Coffee machine set-up and cleaning, using the grinder and extraction techniques
- Using the Point of Sale (POS), processing payments and competing reconciliation
- Providing quality customer service to internal and external customers, tips to exceed customer expectations handling complaints
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Melbourne CBD
Duration and Study Load
- 3 x Consecutive full days
- Students have up to 1 month to complete the skillset
- 3 x 8-hour sessions of practical skills and assessment
- Students are expected to do on average 8 hours of self-study per week
- Access to online theory from Session 1
- Self-paced learning throughout the course including content, videos, articles and zoom presentations
To complete this skill set students will need:
- ·Access to a computer and the internet
- Digital skills to complete online assessments, upload, use a point of sale
- Complete a language, literacy and numeracy assessment as part of enrolment to ensure they are capable of completing course requirements, ability to read and comprehend policies and procedures and menus
Recognition of Prior Learning
- You can ask for your relevant existing skills, qualifications and experience to be assessed and taken into account when your level of competency is being assessed.
- There will be a cost associated, refer to our statement of fees and charges.
- RPL is not covered by government funding.
- Observation of performance and simulated service
- Oral questioning
- Theory questions; including short answers, matching questions, multiple choice and case studies
Credit Transfer (CT)
If you have previously completed any of the units that feature in your Serve It Up course, we can give you credit and you will not have to repeat the unit. There is no associated cost but you will need to complete a credit transfer application.
We have educational support services available to meet the needs of many different students. This includes specialists that can provide one-on-one support. If you think you require additional support please let us know at enrolment. Or, if during the course you find you need extra help, please talk to your trainer or the office and we will work with you to find the best support options.
Third parties may be used to refer students to this course. Registered third parties include Hospo HR, Job Start Australia Recruitment. Third parties cannot confirm enrolment or pre-training reviews or conduct any training or assessment; this is always completed by Serve It Up.
If you would like to check their credentials or make a complaint please call the head office on 1300 555 748.
*Pre-requisite SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety.
About Serve It Up
Specialising in nationally accredited training for Hospitality and Leadership and Management, Serve It Up (SIU) is a trusted RTO with 10 years’ experience in training, supporting and inspiring students to succeed in their chosen pathway. We believe in real skills for real jobs, we take the extra time to customise our course materials and create new and innovative ways of delivering course content.
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), qualifications completed with SIU are recognised nationally. Qualifications achieved through the Australian VET system are also very highly regarded internationally. Our mission is to provide pathways into industry and to contribute to a successful, skilled and innovative workforce.
While employment is not guaranteed, SIU has it’s own Café & Restaurant “Hunters and Disciples” located in the new state of the art training facility in West Melbourne. All students have the opportunity to complete voluntary shifts in this venue to get real experience to help them get a job.
SIU also has connections with large Melbourne pub groups, bars, restaurants, recruitment agencies and industry associations, keeping us up-to-date with industry trends and providing better job opportunities for our students.
SIU offers high-quality training both face to face and via a blended online model, offering students options to undertake our courses in a way that best suits their lifestyle.
Our trainers are dedicated and highly qualified with extensive practical industry experience and committed to providing quality outcomes to our students and ensuring that all training is both engaging and an enjoyable experience.
Our student support team are extremely passionate and committed to helping students succeed. They are always on hand to help with any questions and provide students with the support they may need to complete the course satisfactorily, especially if circumstances change.
Serve It Up Training Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 22542)