Build a broad range of creative, technical and in-demand skills to help increase your career opportunities in the creative industry of fashion. Having expertise in the art of design, aesthetics, clothing construction and following different trends will give you an advantage when applying for work or setting up a new business.
The range of units you will learn about during this course will complement each other to bring out the unique talent in you as a fashion designer. You will be able to design and assists with the production of clothing and accessories, identify trends, and select styles, fabrics, colours, prints and trims for your own collection.
You will complete a number of set tasks such as creating swing tags, labels and development charts and learn about ethical sourcing, suppliers, branding and logo design to leave you walking out of this course with a complete package for success in the fashion industry.
This course is taught by academics currently practising and working in the fashion industry, who have a history of creating and teaching fashion at leading Melbourne universities.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Fashion designer
- Costume Designer
- Retail buyer
- Retail manager
- Retail merchandiser
- Textile designer
- Visual merchandiser
- Fashion Consultant
- Fashion Journalist
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Flexible duration (Ongoing Access to Training and Support).
- Average Course Completion Time 8-12 weeks
100% self-paced online learning
- Delivered online to suit your schedule and lifestyle, this certificate in Fashion Design gives you a comprehensive understanding of what is involved to become a Fashion Designer. This course provides the tools you need to kick start a career with a fashion label or create your own and run your own business
Supporting you in your studies
- With our courses you are not on your own. Careers Collectiv provides the highest level of support possible
- Our tutors will provide direct feedback on your assessments and will be available for you during your studies and after, even if you complete your course
- 24/7 course access to study at a time that is convenient for you
- Full tutor support service
- A Fashion Design kit to complete your studies
- Learning material, downloadable PDF’s
- Certificate upon completion
- Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted and marked by the school’s tutors before it is returned to you with any comments, feedback and if necessary, extra reading
About Careers Collectiv
Careers Collectiv is the #1 online training academy offering practical education with a focus on courses relevant to real life.
We help you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to try a new career path, add to your professional development, start a new hobby or business and explore a passion to deepen your knowledge in a special interest. Learn from experts in their field who guide you to see, do, think and experience your course whenever it best suits your time and schedule.
Our courses consist of interactive video tutorials, course relevant industry kits and text-based learning – study from anywhere, anytime with our flexible online learning programs