Achieve with a Graduate Certificate in Analytics at UNSW Online.
The program is designed for those who see the growing number and diversity of employment opportunities where data analytical capabilities are required and where premium salaries are being offered. Courses are delivered online in seven-week intensive blocks, which means you could graduate with a Graduate Certificate in Analytics in eight months.
The Graduate Certificate provides you with the skills employers demand, in a fast-tracked model, plus gives you a pathway to study the Graduate Diploma in Analytics and the Master of Analytics.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Advertising Executive
- Database Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Advertising Manager
- Marketing and Market Research Professional
- Social Media Analyst
What You'll Learn
The Graduate Certificate in Analytics comprises four online courses. Tailor your study path and select from 14 online options, including advanced electives in General Analytics and Marketing Analytics. Learn how you can use data to find insights to influence the decisions to grow business and build a lucrative career.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 months
- 4 courses
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Analytics you must have:
- An undergraduate degree (in any discipline) OR
- Applicants who do not meet the undergraduate degree requirement are required to have a minimum of 3 years of relevant or professional experience in analytics, clerical or administrative work in a commercial, not-for-profit or public service organisation or other analytics-related positions.
- Relevant experience includes being responsible for tasks that are non-routine, unstructured or semi-structured, engaging in problem-solving activities. It can include the experience of managing a small team, being a team leader, managing a project or being responsible for the management and allocation of resources. Alternatively, engaging in a professional role over a period of time is a relevant experience.
Second for Business and Management
- UNSW is ranked 2nd in Australia and within the top 40 globally for Business and Management Studies.
QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2021
Global top 50 university
- UNSW is ranked 43rd overall in the world.
QS World University Rankings, 2022
Top 3 for graduate employability
- UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability and is 27th in the world.
QS World University Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020
Articulation pathways exist to the Graduate Diploma in Analytics (Online) and Master of Analytics (Online) if you complete this program with a minimum WAM of 65.
* Please note, students applying for Graduate Certificate programs are not eligible for credit transfer.
The UNSW Online Experience
We are here to support you, every step of the way, to graduate from one of the world’s leading universities. Our online learning environment has been designed to seamlessly fit into your already busy schedule and you’ll be able to access course resources on any device, at any time.
Our academics are some of the best in the world and even though you’re studying online, you can expect your learning experience to be of the same high standard as that of our on-campus students.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor, who is committed to assisting you from enrolment through to graduation. They are on hand for all non-academic queries by phone or email.
Introductory Data Analysis is a prerequisite for those interested in choosing:
- Predictive Analytics
- Data Visualisation & Communication
- Financial Modelling
- Decision Making for Analytics
- Managing Customer Analytics
- Foundations of Marketing Analytics
Principles of Programming is the prerequisite for Big Data Management.
About University of New South Wales (Online)
Study 100% Online with UNSW. A World Leader.
UNSW is a globally recognised leader in education, with a focus on industry applicable programs. When you study online with UNSW, you can expect to learn from world-class academics and collaborate with ambitious, like-minded individuals.
Study at Australia’s Global University. Anywhere, anytime.
Studying online at UNSW means that you have the flexibility to shape your studies to fit your life and career goals. The programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind so you can study one course at a time, 100% online & accelerated, whilst working full-time.
Designed by Industry for Industry.
The UNSW online programs have been developed in close consultation with industry experts equipping you with applicable and career-related skills. UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability, and is 27th in the world (QS University World Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020) with each program offering advanced disciplinary depth, giving you access to the latest thinking and current research.