Unlock your value with the online Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance at UNSW.
Financial systems are central to everything, with the Australian financial market growing 13.2% to $10.9 trillion during 2021* alone. Strong financial skills are an invaluable mechanism to drive change and create success. The professionals who have upskilled will thrive.
The online Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance at UNSW is designed for professionals who want the fundamental knowledge to make sound financial decisions at all business levels.
Whether you’re looking to upskill and advance your career, make a change by entering the finance industry, or build a strong foundation to pursue the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, you can accrue a wealth of financial knowledge and real-world applications through this 100% online program from one of Australia’s most respected universities.
*Roy Morgan Banking & Finance Currency Report, 2021
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Advisor
- Finance Officer
- Director of Finance
- Finance Team Leader
What You'll Learn
UNSW’s online Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance provides students with the foundations to solve financial problems at the corporate level, manage the business and financial functions of firms in several countries, and understand modern investments to prepare for market challenges.
The Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance offers three core courses and one elective, allowing fundamental finance skills to complement choice and student direction. Select from key areas including analytics and financial technology – whatever your interests, this program delivers access to the latest thinking and current research in finance.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 months
- 4 courses
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance, you must have:
- A recognised bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in any discipline, OR
- Three years of relevant work experience in a commercial or public service organisation related to business, banking or finance.
Global top 50 university
- UNSW is ranked 43rd overall in the world.
QS World University Rankings, 2022
Top three for graduate employability
- UNSW is ranked in the top three universities in Australia for graduate employability and is 27th in the world.
QS World University Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020
Ranked second in Australia
- The highly awarded UNSW is ranked second in Australia for Accounting and Finance subjects.
QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2021
- UNSW Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International Business Accreditation and the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance with an average mark of 65% or above, you may be eligible to articulate into the Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance.
The UNSW Online Experience
To help you graduate from one of the world’s leading universities, we’re here to support you every step of the way. The design of our online learning environment seamlessly fits into your busy lifestyle. You’ll have access to course resources on any device, at any time.
Our academics are some of the best in the world, so you can have confidence in knowing that your online learning experience will have the same high standard as the on-campus experience.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor (SSA), who is committed to assisting you at every stage, from enrolment through to graduation. Your SSA is on hand to help you with all non-academic queries by phone or email.
About University of New South Wales (Online)
Study 100% Online with UNSW. A World Leader.
UNSW is a globally recognised leader in education, with a focus on industry applicable programs. When you study online with UNSW, you can expect to learn from world-class academics and collaborate with ambitious, like-minded individuals.
Study at Australia’s Global University. Anywhere, anytime.
Studying online at UNSW means that you have the flexibility to shape your studies to fit your life and career goals. The programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind so you can study one course at a time, 100% online & accelerated, whilst working full-time.
Designed by Industry for Industry.
The UNSW online programs have been developed in close consultation with industry experts equipping you with applicable and career-related skills. UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability, and is 27th in the world (QS University World Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020) with each program offering advanced disciplinary depth, giving you access to the latest thinking and current research.