Elevate your management career with an online Graduate Certificate in Business Administration designed to enhance your leadership credentials with industry-focused, transferable skills for high-level hospitality management roles in a wide range of organisations and service industries.
Discover the key principles of financial and management accounting & how to manage accounting reports; explore risk and contingency management, crisis management & crisis planning; learn about service quality management including customer behaviour; understand marketing management for hospitality, from basic marketing concepts through to advanced marketing management.
Who's It For?
Our Higher Education Certificates are designed for those in the hospitality sector who wish to upskill to advance their career, or anyone seeking a deeper understanding of effective hospitality management as the benchmark for service success. The qualification will benefit jobseekers navigating the current unpredictable employment market where there is industry demand for specific managerial skills.
What You'll Learn
- Key principles of financial and management accounting; manage accounting reports from a user perspective, including planning, control, budgeting and analysis of performance
- The essentials of risk and contingency management in a changing world, with particular emphasis on tourism and hospitality; crisis management, planning and mitigating measures, and, common crisis management instruments
- Service quality management including customer behaviour; the service delivery process; managing people for service advantage; balancing capacity and demand, and customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Essential features of marketing management for hospitality, from basic marketing concepts through to advanced marketing management, including analysis of marketing intelligence and the marketing environment
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 months full-time or part-time equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of Australia Year 12 or equivalent interstate/overseas secondary education, or its country equivalent
- English proficiency: 6.5 Academic IELTS with no band score below 6
Supported Online Learning
The program will be accessed via our online learning platform offering interactive and supported learning from Le Cordon Bleu Australia expert lecturers. Students will access eBooks, academic databases and video conferencing tools. 24/7 Access to learning materials.
At successful completion of an online higher education course, you will receive an AQF accredited Le Cordon Bleu Australia certificate.
Successful completion of an online certificate guarantees entry into all Le Cordon Bleu Australia Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs and may act as a pathway to awards offered by other Higher Education Providers.
Course learning outcomes may be assessed via submission of a range of assessment tasks including problem-solving exercises, online tests and examinations, reports, research assignments and group projects.
The unit provides students with broad understanding of the principles of financial and management accounting and enable them to confidently understand and management accounting reports from a user perspective.
- The Accounting and Business Environment
- Accounting Information and its Role in Decision Making
- The Regulatory Environment of Accounting
- Recording and Analysing Business Transactions
- Financial Statements: Elements, Format, Presentation and Limitations
- Analysis of Performance and Financial Position
- Cost Management and Control
- Planning, Control and Budgeting
- Capital Investment Decisions
- Tourism and Hospitality in a Changing World
- The Basics of Crisis Management
- Crises’ Spheres of Activity
- Methods of Analysis and Prognosis
- Strategic Measures of Crisis Management
- Crisis Planning and Organisational Measures
- Crisis Management Instruments (Part 1): Product and Price
- Crisis Management Instruments (Part 2): Distribution and Communication
- The Future of Crisis Management
- Introduction to Service Quality Management
- Customer Behaviour, Culture and Service
- The Service Delivery Process
- Distributing Services
- Balancing Capacity and Demand
- Crafting the Environment
- Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
- Handling Customer Complaints and Managing Service Recovery
- Managing People for Service Advantage
- Apply Key Theoretical Marketing Concepts
- Basic Marketing Concepts Through to Advanced Marketing Management
- Understanding Markets
- Marketing Intelligence and the Marketing Environment
- Dealing with Competition – Market Orientation
- Consumer Behaviour, Segmentation and Targeting
- Products, Services and Branding
- Pricing and Promotions
- Retailing and Distribution
- Advertising and Communication
About Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Le Cordon Bleu Australia has been inspiring hospitality dreams for over 30 years, and today delivers leading culinary arts programmes, hotel and restaurant management degrees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and 100% online Higher Education certificates. In Australia, our students enjoy a high standard of living with the prospect of entering a thriving hospitality industry rich in career opportunities.
Create your hospitality dream with Le Cordon Bleu.