RMIT Online’s Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is designed to help aspiring decision-makers learn how to diagnose and evaluate business problems and opportunities, use concepts and techniques to inform decisions and communicate those decisions to stakeholders.
You will critically examine how data can be used to drive decision-making through statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and predictive modelling and fact-based management. You will also develop, evaluate and analyse core analytic techniques and skills that are frequently applied in business. No matter what your business focus, you and/or your business will be a future user of analytics.
What You'll Learn
- Analyse and synthesise various data from multiple sources to diagnose issues
- Draw on data to identify, predict and recommend business solutions
- Select and apply concepts and techniques in descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics to inform decisions and solve problems
- Visualise and communicate findings and decisions for stakeholders
- Justify the reasoning behind data-driven decisions
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 4 courses – 8 months intensive part-time*
- Each course is seven weeks in duration and requires a minimum of 15–20 hours of study per week
*Subject to elective availability
- A bachelors degree or equivalent, or higher-level qualification, in any
discipline from a recognised tertiary institution; or
- An alternate entry requirement. If you don’t have the formal bachelor or higher qualification listed above, you will be required to submit a curriculum vitae (CV) if you have the following: at least five years full-time experience working in an analyst or management role in business information technology or information systems with a portfolio of evidence
demonstrating analysis and report writing
- International or offshore students may need an IELTS score of 6.5 or above
- International students are required to provide current evidence of English
language proficiency for admission to RMIT University
- You can provide your results from one of these three options: an accepted English language proficiency test; an accepted English language provider; or a recognised Australian or international qualification
Australian Student Visas:
- RMIT Online’s Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics does not meet Australian student
visa requirements. For an Australian student visa, you must have an on-campus place in a
program of study
- A flexible student experience allows you to utilise study tools anywhere, anytime
- Our cutting-edge learning environment means you don’t have to be a computer whiz to use it
- Industry-experienced academics are there to guide you every step of the way
- Online doesn’t mean you’re alone – connect with fellow students to share ideas, organise study groups and for further support
- One-on-one support and assistance from our ‘study concierge’ keeps you motivated and helps you reach your goals
- Build your professional network through the connections you make while studying
- Graduate with a globally-recognised degree without compromising your life or career trajectory
About RMIT Online
A world-class education delivered 100% online.
RMIT University is a world leader in Art and Design, Architecture and the Built Environment, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Business and Management Studies. Ranked among the top 15 universities in Australia and 16th in the world for universities less than 50 years old, RMIT is known for being industry-led and producing exceptional career outcomes.
One of Australia’s original tertiary institutions, RMIT University has earned an international reputation for creating exceptional, employable and highly skilled graduates who want more out of their careers. We offer vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate programs across a broad range of disciplines, on-campus in Australia and around the world.
RMIT is now taking this excellence in work-connected learning online. Our new 100 per cent online, intensive postgraduate programs are designed for ambitious working professionals who are aiming high with their careers.
This carefully selected range of online programs brings together the academic rigour and industry connectivity of the on-campus versions and optimises them for the digital world. You’ll learn how to push the boundaries of what’s possible, create valuable connections and take your career into your own hands.
RMIT Online is Registered Training Organisation (RTO #3046)