The Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security Management is a part-time, online course for working professionals looking to position themselves for success in one of the world’s most rapidly evolving sectors. It will equip managers with the holistic vision and strategic thinking needed to build organisational cyber resilience.
Who's It For?
Perfect for working professionals of all levels across a wide range of sectors such as legal, government, operations, technology and more. This qualification is best suited to anyone managing data privacy issues, business process and systems that are at risk of cyber attacks.
What You'll Learn
- Develop critical knowledge of the cyber security ecosystem
- Analyse complex cyber security problems and produce solutions
- Understand current cyber security threats and responses
- Persuasively articulate complex cyber security issues
- Lead cyber security teams and systems
- Manage cyber security responses with a high degree of autonomy
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 months
A recognised bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Management, Commerce or Law (or equivalent) or, 3 years work experience in Information Technology, Management, Commerce or Law.
About University of Canberra
The University of Canberra (UC) is a hub of learning, practical courses and innovative research. It is a place where ideas are born, creativity is explored and opportunity is created.
UC is a university for the professions, dedicated to providing immersive student experiences focused on employability outcomes.
We have been recognised as the fastest rising university in Australia (QS, 2022) and have been ranked number one in Canberra for full-time employment for four years in a row (Good Universities Guide 2022).
This success is in part due to our two-pronged focus, encompassing progressive, expert teaching alongside strong ties to industry. This means that students enjoy real-world work experience and get a taste of their future careers, even before graduation.