Quickly and confidently respond to the urgent demand for cyber security professionals in Australia. Gain experience using the full range of cyber security techniques drawn from today’s real-world business contexts, 100% online.
Obtain a highly reputable qualification to demonstrate your ability to boost organisational resilience against cyber criminals.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Data Security Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Cyber Policy Maker
- Cyber Security Administrator
- System Security Engineer
What You'll Learn
- Technical cyber security capabilities in an area of specialisation
- effective and influential communication skills
- awareness, vigilance and adaptability to the constantly changing online environment
- understanding of cyber security management concepts, risk management and security architecture
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
Course Duration: 8 months.
Flexible online learning
Studying online gives you the freedom to study on your terms.
Six week teaching periods: Upskill faster by completing one subject every six weeks.
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security, you will need to meet one of the following entry requirements:
- Bachelor of Computer Science (or an equivalent Information Technology degree with similar levels of programming to a Computer Science degree) with a GPA of 4.5, OR
- Relevant work experience, including programming experience, of at least 3 years in Computer Science or Cyber Security roles, OR
- Diploma or above in Networking and IT plus 2 years relevant work experience, including programming experience.
Expert guidance, real experiences
Hone your cyber security skills through experiencing authentic scenarios.
We work with industry and government representatives to ensure coursework is relevant and up-to-the-minute.
Announce your reliability and enduring capabilities with a Group of Eight qualification.
Build on from your IT expertise
Join a community of mid-career IT professionals who are also passionate about securing Australia’s digital future.
Technology meets people
Cyber security is a management process and a technical challenge. Master both.
Workforce ready in 8 months
Complete in only eight months – while you keep working.
All assessments and coursework are 100% online. Types of assessments include quizzes, case studies, scenarios and simulations.
Protecting valuable business data requires constant cybersecurity awareness and vigilance. In this course you will discover common vulnerabilities, decision making factors and problem solving methods to confidently address and communicate cyber security threats.
This course covers policy making principles in Australia. Learn about the political context in which debates about cyber security and other international relations issues take place; which will guide your work as a cyber security practitioner. In this course, you will learn how institutions:
- define a problem
- set an agenda
- communicate to the primary political actors and stakeholders
- influence institutional decision-making
- implement and review policy.
Experience the real-world cyber security challenges that organisations face and the best ways to address them – through examining both an attacker’s and defender’s perspective.
Hear about common attack and defense strategies used against software, web applications, networks, operating systems, cryptographic systems as well as people’s behavior. The course will also introduce cybersecurity management concepts, including:
- security operations
- risk management
- security engineering
- security architecture.
Hear about the vast array of exciting career paths available to you in the cyber security field.
Cyber security risk management and assurance are critical to all aspects of all businesses – from finance, branding, legal, OH&S to operations – and this course focuses on critical infrastructure and enterprise-level threats.
Learn about the vulnerabilities the digital age has introduced from a broad organisational-wide perspective, and how these impacts can be mitigated with assessments, policies and implementation plans.
About The University of Adelaide
Consistently ranked in the top 1% worldwide by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. The University of Adelaide is a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities.
At the University of Adelaide, cutting-edge innovation takes place amidst a rich history of excellence spanning more than 140 years. Bright young minds learn alongside internationally recognised leaders in their fields. Global research impact is achieved hand-in-hand with outstanding graduate career outcomes.