Achieve with an online Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security at UNSW.
The Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security is designed to provide a foundational understanding of cyber security concepts and knowledge that the industry demands. You’ll be armed with the current best practice skills to securely identify, manage and respond to privacy risks in a changing global environment.
Courses are delivered 100% online in seven-week blocks, meaning you could graduate with a Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security in as little as eight months. Upon successful completion, this fast-tracked model provides a pathway to articulate into the Master of Cyber Security.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Security Consultant
- Cyber Security Officer
- Information Security Analyst
- Security System Manager
- Information Security Auditor
- IT Security Engineer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Head of Cyber Security
- Head of Cyber Defence
- Cyber Security Executive
- Data and Cyber Security lead
What You'll Learn
The Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security comprises four online foundation courses. Completing these courses will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to security engineering principles, and practices for the design, operation, and assurance of secure systems in this fast-growing industry.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 months
- 4 courses
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security you must have:
- Have completed a recognised bachelors degree (or equivalent) with a WAM of 65 as determined by the UNSW Postgraduate Coursework Entry Score Calculator OR
- Sufficient professional analytical background as indicated by at least two years of experience in an analytical role.
Global top 50 university
- UNSW is ranked 43rd overall in the world.
QS World University Rankings, 2022
Top three for graduate employability
- UNSW is ranked in the top three universities in Australia for graduate employability and is 27th in the world.
QS World University Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020
Top-ranked for Engineering and Technology
- Ranked #1 in Australia for Engineering and Technology.
QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2021
Generally, if you successfully complete a Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security, you can progress to the Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security, and from there, to the Masters by coursework degree.
The UNSW Online Experience
The Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security program has been designed with the working professional in mind and offers you an online learning environment where you can study each course in eight-week blocks. This means you can graduate in only eight months so you can leverage the employer demand sooner.
Our academics are some of the best in the world and even though you’re studying online, you can expect your learning experience to be of the same high standard as that of our on-campus students.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor, who is committed to assisting you from enrolment through to graduation. They are on hand for all non-academic queries by phone or email.
About University of New South Wales (Online)
Study 100% Online with UNSW. A World Leader.
UNSW is a globally recognised leader in education, with a focus on industry applicable programs. When you study online with UNSW, you can expect to learn from world-class academics and collaborate with ambitious, like-minded individuals.
Study at Australia’s Global University. Anywhere, anytime.
Studying online at UNSW means that you have the flexibility to shape your studies to fit your life and career goals. The programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind so you can study one course at a time, 100% online & accelerated, whilst working full-time.
Designed by Industry for Industry.
The UNSW online programs have been developed in close consultation with industry experts equipping you with applicable and career-related skills. UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability, and is 27th in the world (QS University World Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020) with each program offering advanced disciplinary depth, giving you access to the latest thinking and current research.