Successful business strategies depend on understanding data.
But not everyone ‘speaks data’, and without data-literate leaders, even the best data teams can struggle to apply their insights to business.
RMIT Online’s Graduate Certificate in Data Science has been created to help business professionals gain the critical foundations in data wrangling, programming, analytics and visualisation that employers are demanding now.
You can also choose to continue your studies into the Master of Data Science Strategy and Leadership, which will develop your skills as a senior leader in data science and analytics.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Courses, (7 weeks each)
- 8 months intensive, part-time
RMIT Online postgraduate students must meet minimum academic requirements, and international students must have a proficient level of English.
- An Australian Bachelor degree (AQF 7) or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution; or
- No formal qualification but a minimum of 5 years Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) work experience in any industry setting.
English language requirements
- International students are required to provide current evidence of English language proficiency for admission to RMIT University
Australian Student Visas
- RMIT’s Online Graduate Certificate in Data Science does not meet Australian student visa requirements. For an Australian student visa, you must have an on-campus place in a program of study.
Benefit from RMIT Online’s practical and industry-based perspective
- Gain hands-on data science skills, infused with RMIT’s excellence in technology, design and innovation.
Create business value
- Immediately add value to your team and organisation with practical data science skills that enhance your business role.
Be in demand sooner
- This unique, first-to-market program will give you the highly sought-after technical skills to solve business problems. Graduate in just 8 months.
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Data Science, you may continue on to further study at the master degree level. You could continue your studies and further develop your skills to become a senior leader in data science and analytics with the 100% online Master of Data Science Strategy & Leadership.
One of our Student Enrolment Advisors can provide more information and discuss your individual circumstances.
About RMIT Online
A world-class education delivered 100% online.
RMIT University is a world leader in Art and Design, Architecture and the Built Environment, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Business and Management Studies. Ranked among the top 15 universities in Australia and 16th in the world for universities less than 50 years old, RMIT is known for being industry-led and producing exceptional career outcomes.
One of Australia’s original tertiary institutions, RMIT University has earned an international reputation for creating exceptional, employable and highly skilled graduates who want more out of their careers. We offer vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate programs across a broad range of disciplines, on-campus in Australia and around the world.
RMIT is now taking this excellence in work-connected learning online. Our new 100 per cent online, intensive postgraduate programs are designed for ambitious working professionals who are aiming high with their careers.
This carefully selected range of online programs brings together the academic rigour and industry connectivity of the on-campus versions and optimises them for the digital world. You’ll learn how to push the boundaries of what’s possible, create valuable connections and take your career into your own hands.
RMIT Online is Registered Training Organisation (RTO #3046)