Succeed in an ever-evolving landscape.
Build a career in high demand with the Graduate Certificate in Digital Marketing. With roles in the sector set to expand by 21% over the next five years*, there has never been a better time to sharpen your skills in data-driven, digital marketing.
This online course will boost your career options whilst helping you master the latest fundamentals in digital marketing. You’ll gain hands-on experience using digital platforms that you can apply directly back to your workplace.
Uncover the latest skills in social media, search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimisation (SEO) and Google Analytics. Position yourself as a leader for change with the shift towards audience-centric, data-driven marketing.
You’ll learn the skills needed to identify and triticale target audiences and place them at the heart of your marketing strategy. Delivered online, this course has been designed with the working professional in mind. You’ll be able to apply the skills you learnt straights away and will develop the future-focused skills required for the industry’s continual changes.
Who's It For?
- Graduates interested in further developing their digital knowledge
- Marketing and communication professionals seeking to upskill and gain specialist digital skills
- those working in businesses, organisations and not-for-profits required to implement search, social and digital campaigns
- Those on the technical side moving into management or senior roles and wanting to gain insights into how technology is employed in marketing communications
What You'll Learn
- Compare and critique digital marketing with traditional marketing theory and applications to develop a strong foundation in the role of data in the audience marketplace
- Design and employ professional best practice models underpinned by advanced theory, addressing real-world problems in digital marketing and ad tech sectors
- Integrate critical knowledge and communication skills for sustained contribution to innovation and leadership in their field
- Critique and assess advanced digital marketing communication theory and practice informed by discourse and local and global contexts, with reference to best practice models
- Exemplify expert professionals’ skills and judgements focusing on industry recognised proof of knowledge
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 months
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate of Digital Marketing, applicants must have a recognised bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution.
There are non-standard English language requirements for this course. To be eligible, you must have an overall IELTS Academic score (or equivalent) of 6.5, with no band score below 6.0.
There are currently no formal credit transfer arrangements for entry to this course. Any previous study or work experience will only be considered as part of the application process in accordance with current course rules and university policy.
Developed and taught by industry experts
Developed in conjunction with Media Federation Australia (MFA) and the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), and taught by industry experts, you will learn the skills needed to meet the needs of the industry.
Value now and in the future
You will be able to apply skills learnt straight away thanks to platform-based training and a contextual approach to learning. Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate, you will also be Google Certified and certified in two online platforms of your choosing.
Online and supported
UC is committed to making sure you enjoy a truly flexible and inclusive learning experience that works for you and with you — no matter who or where you are. We will connect you to student support, career advisors and an inspiring cohort of teachers and industry experts to ensure you are supported every step of the way.
With the shift from mass media to individual audience targeting, you will gain a behavioural and analytical understanding of customer value and be able to identify and articulate target audiences based on platform, behaviour and interests.
About University of Canberra
The University of Canberra (UC) is a hub of learning, practical courses and innovative research. It is a place where ideas are born, creativity is explored and opportunity is created.
UC is a university for the professions, dedicated to providing immersive student experiences focused on employability outcomes.
We have been recognised as the fastest rising university in Australia (QS, 2022) and have been ranked number one in Canberra for full-time employment for four years in a row (Good Universities Guide 2022).
This success is in part due to our two-pronged focus, encompassing progressive, expert teaching alongside strong ties to industry. This means that students enjoy real-world work experience and get a taste of their future careers, even before graduation.