Educational leaders are lifelong learners
Enhance your skill set and further your educational career with an online Graduate Certificate in Education from Southern Cross University.
The Graduate Certificate in Education equips teachers and educational professionals with the foundational knowledge to lead teaching and learning in increasingly complex educational environments. As you work through the units of study,you’ll become confident in exploring everything from contemporary educational leadership to educational investigation. And, if you decide to pursue a higher qualification, units of study completed during the Graduate Certificate can be credited towards enrolment in a Master of Education
Who's It For?
Our Master of Education students work in a variety of educational contexts around Australia. Below is a snapshot of some of these roles and jobs.
- Deputy Head of School
- Lead Teacher
- High School Teacher
- Primary School Teacher
- Education Consultant
- Classroom Teacher
- Assistant Principal
- Community Wellbeing Coordinator
What You'll Learn
- Lead the future of education – You’ll learn about the various local, national and global educational contexts that can affect education practice, and how to connect this to professional experiences, allowing you to identify both challenges and opportunities within educational leadership
- Be equipped to create change – Gain the advanced research skills you need to form strategies for improvement, as well as the ability to apply learning theory into practice in your day-to-day role
- Model lifelong learning – Further study is a way to reflect on your own teaching and learning practice. In particular, you’ll learn what is needed to lead, create, and sustain a culture of reflective professional learning in a school environment
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 months part-time
To qualify for entry to the Graduate Certificate in Education, you must have:
- A four-year Bachelor degree in Education from any Australian university or equivalent; OR
- An undergraduate degree and a fourth-year level teaching qualification from any Australian university or equivalent
- Non-standard language admission requirements for international students (IELTS) with an overall score of 7.5 or equivalent
- Gain specialised skills and knowledge
- Learn from experienced primary and secondary academics
- Become an effective leader in the school and classroom
- Supports next step in educational career
- Be supported every step of the way
- Accelerated, online learning designed for busy teachers
- One of Australia’s most affordable online M.Ed degrees
Recognition of Prior Learning
- We may recognise and grant credit for past education, qualifications and/or work experience in a process called advanced standing. If you’re eligible for advanced standing, this can impact the number of units you need to study, reducing the time and cost of your overall degree
To gain your Graduate Certificate in Education, you will study four core units. These are outlined in more detail below.
About Southern Cross University Online
SCU Online offers postgraduate online courses at the Masters, Diploma and Certificate levels.
When you study an online postgraduate course with Southern Cross University, you can select from some of the most popular study areas in Australia, including education, engineering and law.
You’ll enjoy 100% online learning, delivered by academics experienced in digital education.
Unlike other online university courses, you’ll collaborate with teaching staff and peers in an online study environment custom-built for this kind of learning. That might include virtual lectures and tutorials (either live or recorded), online consultations with lecturers, online quizzes and cooperating with fellow students on projects from the comfort of your own home or study space.
CRICOS Provider: 01241G