Create inclusive classrooms
Our Graduate Certificate in Educational Inclusion and Diversity focuses on student inclusion in the 21st century and how to design learning that supports all students to do their best and thrive.
Core units focus on equipping you with the skillset and knowledge to critically reflect on inclusion, diversity and disability perspectives, delving into the pedagogy underpinning educational inclusivity. You will also examine and understand the role technology plays in collaboration and increasing participation in contemporary classrooms.
Students who undertake this course gain the skills to promote learning that lasts and advance inclusive education practices in school settings, to enable the implementation of inclusive education practices on a practical level.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Deputy Head of School
- Lead Teacher
- High School Teacher
- Primary School Teacher
- Education Consultant
- Classroom Teacher
- Assistant Principal
- Community Wellbeing Coordinator
What You'll Learn
- Sustainable professional practice – Create environments that foster lifelong learning, ensuring diverse, inclusive learning
- Learning for all – Reflect on, and implement pedagogy that ensures diverse learners needs are met, enhancing student wellbeing and increasing positive learning outcomes
- Collaborative technology – Implement effective use of technology that supports learning and participation in contemporary school settings
- Intellectual rigour & creativity – You will gain the skills for critical analysis, synthesis and evaluation educational contexts, concepts and theories to solve for issues, and justify the decisions you make with confidence. Apply innovative and creative responses to emerging educational challenges. Conceive of, and put forward inventive ways to achieve preferable educational futures
- Ethical education practices – Evaluate (and seek understanding of) the implications of challenging ethical issues in education, committing to, but not limited to, social justice, human rights, ethics and sustainability in professional practice, scholarship, and research
- Specialised education skills – You will gain an advanced and integrated theoretical and practical understanding of a specialised area of education with a global perspective. Gain invaluable skills to locate, evaluate, and implement theory to generate reliable data and make evidence-based decisions
- Lifelong learning – Be able to plan and implement ongoing personal and professional learning. Critically reflect on demonstrating vocational discernment, autonomy, resilience, responsibility and accountability when responding to change
- Communication and social skills – Show responsive leadership and the capacity to facilitate collaboration between a diverse range of individuals and teams
- Cultural competence – Commit to education founded on respect for the rights of all persons, reflecting on how global perspectives of educational practice can encourage inclusivity and cultural competence
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 months part-time
To qualify for entry to the Graduate Certificate in Educational Inclusion and Diversity, you must have:
- Four-year Bachelor degree in Education from any Australian university or equivalent; OR
- An undergraduate degree and a fourth-year level teaching qualification from any Australian university or equivalent
In either case, students need to be proficient in English.
- Gain specialised skills and knowledge
- Learn from primary and secondary experienced academics
- Advance inclusive education practices in school settings
- Supports next step in educational career
- Be supported every step of the way
- Accelerated, online learning designed for busy teachers
- One of Australia’s most affordable online education degrees
Recognition of Prior Learning
- We may recognise and grant credit for past education, qualifications and/or work experience in a process called advanced standing. If you’re eligible for advanced standing, this can impact the number of units you need to study, reducing the time and cost of your overall degree
About Southern Cross University Online
SCU Online offers postgraduate online courses at the Masters, Diploma and Certificate levels.
When you study an online postgraduate course with Southern Cross University, you can select from some of the most popular study areas in Australia, including education, engineering and law.
You’ll enjoy 100% online learning, delivered by academics experienced in digital education.
Unlike other online university courses, you’ll collaborate with teaching staff and peers in an online study environment custom-built for this kind of learning. That might include virtual lectures and tutorials (either live or recorded), online consultations with lecturers, online quizzes and cooperating with fellow students on projects from the comfort of your own home or study space.
CRICOS Provider: 01241G